Sign in to follow this  

Washington Support Motorsports Park in King County (city of Snoqualmie)

Hey guys,

I received this email for the Stumpies yesterday and thought I would pass the info along since I haven't seen anything posted here regarding this.

I don't know anything about this other then is what is posted here, so if anyone knows who the key players are, or any other details, please fill us in.

Thanks,

Ed

------------------------------

Email from Stumpies:

We need to get as many letters out to the city council of Snoqualmie as we can. A new event venue for racing and motorsports events is trying to get annexed in to the Snoqualmie city limits to avoid the noise ordinance of king county. Stumpjumpers has an open invitation to hold club events there provided the annexation goes through.

You can write a short letter to the Snoqualmie city council stating you are in favor of the Mill planning annexation. Please email you letters to the Jodi Warren. jwarren@ci.snoqualmie.wa.us

http://stumpjumpers.org/wp.sjmc/../documents/2011/06/Notice_of_Public_Hearing.pdf

This could be a huge benefit to the off-road community

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Woods_Rider
sperring

Here's a copy of the email I sent to Ms. Warren as an example. I think emphasizing the economic benefits to the local community and the family recreation nature of the sport is a good tack for any communication:

Dear Ms. Warren,

I am writing to you today to voice my support for the proposal to annex a portion of the Mill Planning Area within the City’s Urban Growth Area in order to allow the building of a Motorsports Park in Snoqualmie.

I believe a motorsports park would be a great benefit to the community of Snoqualmie. It would bring in motorsports enthusiasts and their spending money to the city of Snoqualmie, helping to support the local businesses (gas, food, lodging, local site seeing), and also helping spread the word on the other businesses within Snoqualmie.

I believe if implemented correctly, the motorsports park is a great opportunity for the city, as well as motorsports enthusiasts.

As you may be aware, there are not many motorsports parks in the greater Seattle area, so the local motorsports community would certainly welcome, and support a new park in Snoqualmie.

Lastly, I would like to mention that I am a responsible family man and live in Duvall, WA. I think you will find that most motorsports enthusiasts are responsible family oriented people who would love to show their appreciation for a new motorsports park by supporting the community that has the park.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ed Boyd

(address info included in original email)

this is the direction we need to push for all this stuff. Suffering communities will open up there small town to events big time when they see the revenue generated from 200 hungry dirt bike riders. great effort. :smirk:

Packwood and Odessa obviously is a good example of this. Great job stumpies.

I live in north bend(snoq city hall is a 8 min drive from my house) and will show up to their city hall and ask her in person if its appropriate...or should i just send a letter only?

I live in north bend(snoq city hall is a 8 min drive from my house) and will show up to their city hall and ask her in person if its appropriate...or should i just send a letter only?

I would do both. A personal meeting shows that we, motorsports community, are committed, and second, an email is an actual document that can be presented along with others to show strong support for the annexation.

I think they are having a community meeting or something like that at the council chambers but I don't know the date off hand.

I think they are having a community meeting or something like that at the council chambers but I don't know the date off hand.

fogot to mention I will be there for sure:thumbsup:

Anyone interested might also consider emailing Kathy Lambert from the King County council. Recently, one of the neighboors was leaving flyers in opposition to this on cars at a mtn biking trailhead near Snoqualmie. As a hopefully soon to be Snoq. resident, I sent an email to Kathy Lambert and expressed support for this. I received a message back encouraging me to attend a meeting (which I couldn't make) since 'There are a group of people that will be attending who may not all feel the same way. Your support might be helpful. If you are able to attend, you would be most welcome.' Potential moto events out the the area even more attractive.

Letter sent. Everyone who cares about riding needs to take a minute to send one. This could be a huge benefit for the King County and surrounding areas.

Good job guys!

And I'm surprised we haven't heard from anyone that is directly involved in this, you would think they would be trying to get the word out as much as possible.

Hey guys,

I just got an update from one of the Stumpies, turns out the proposed use for the site is not for dirt bike racing, its for a Rally Driving School.

http://www.dirtfish.com/

Here's a copy of the posting from the Stumpies website from the president of the driving school.

Ed

--------------------------------

From Dirt Fish Rally School President:

As president of DirtFish Rally School, I appreciate your support, However, I need to clarify a few things:

1. Our core business is a rally driving school, and that is what we're permitted to operate on our property. We're not planning "racing and motorsports events." We are planning to continue to operate the rally driving school. Our property is not for motorsports events.

2. Any special event, such as a once-a-year rallycross event would be subject to the approval of a special use permit by the city. Absolutely, we are not turning this facility into a race track of any kind.

3. As far as we know, King county and city of Snoqualmie noise regulations are the same, and we will operate within them. In fact, whether we're part of the county or city, we need to operate within their regulations. Being annexed into the city will not allow us to do anything we want - we will operate within their rules and regulations.

4. We are not planning on motorcycle events on the property. And we have not offered an open invitation to any club or group to hold events.

5. We're not a race track. We're using the existing gravel, dirt and tarmac surfaces for driving training purposes for individuals and groups (corporations, groups, etc.). We don't even like the term "race track," as it's not what we have or plan to have.

6. We are committed to being good community neighbors, and we respect the concerns of the people who live in the area.

Obviously, we'd like for people to support what we're doing, but it's important that they have accurate information, and support the right thing. I would appreciate if people reading this know that they're supporting the operation of DirtFish Rally School on the property.

If you want to show your support, please write the city of Snoqualmie and Kind county council members. You should focus on the positive economic impact DirtFish is having on the area. You should focus on the fact that we're drawing tourists to the area who are spending money in the area, and yet are not putting a strain on the infrastructure of the city. You should focus on the fact that we're teaching people to be better, safer and more respectful drivers. You should focus on the fact that we offer a quality product/service, and are a solid business. You should focus on the fact that we want to be good community neighbors. And you should focus on the positive attention we're bringing to the Snoqualmie area.

Thank you. We appreciate your support.

Edited by Woods_Rider

Good post. That contradicts some of the face to face and email correspondence with Dirt Fish that has occurred previously. With the prices they charging, and generally limited interest other than a novelty, I would be skeptical of their longevity beyond a few years. With support from other motorsports they may stand a chance. Oh well.

There is some clarification being made on the post on our website so please stand by.

Update from the President of Dirtfish:

The president Ross Bentley needed to respond to a negative email generated from bits of our call to support letter. At this point we need to be patient and wait for the city to decide on the annexation. From there they will determine with the city what events and functions they care to put on. He confirmed all the information i had been told was true but our efforts are being used against them. He was very thankful for our efforts and was impressed on how far our reach is in the community. Lets be patient for now and support them when asked again. Thank you all for your efforts.

So...the greenies are twisting words again against us (nothing new)...

Ed...please change your posting title back to the original...it still stands:thumbsup:

I knew it was too good to true. The bycycle clubs in east county are even having tough times expanding let along someone moving in on their turf. Supposedly their goal is to turn east king county into a regional network of mtn bike trails that would rival Whistler resort. We all know what kind of money are behind mtn bikers. They would go bonkers if we got some access to lands and they where skipped.

They would go bonkers if we got some access to lands and they where skipped.

This is private land, not public

Ed...please change your posting title back to the original...it still stands:thumbsup:

Done.

Thanks for filling us in Mike.

Ed

The Dirt Fish property would be a cool place to host a race. Very close for a lot of people and another option for the Stumpies. I have had the opportunity to train up there several times. They do get some very big name rally car racers up there from time to time.

Paul