[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Diet and Exercise Program

Hey guys, my bike just seized and it's going to take me about a month to save up to fix it. I have been riding about 4 days a week which kept me in really good moto shape. But during my off time I don't want to lose my conditioning.

I was just wondering if you guys could take a look over my diet real quick and tell me what you think of it. I've been eating 4-soft boiled eggs in the morning along with 3 or 4 pieces of plain toast, and drinking v-8 and 1% milk. Throughout the day I'll usually snack on bananas, mangos, pickles, and drink v-8 juice. I'll usually eat 3 or 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at one point during the day too. At work I'll eat a can of sardines and ramen noodles. I'll usually finish the day with v-8 and some more milk and a banana or a can of pears or beets. I'm 6'3" 175 with a really high metabolism. I'll also generally drink about a 2-quart gatorade a day and go through half a gallon of milk a day. The big v-8 will usually last 3-5 days. Do you guys think this is a healthy or nutritious diet?

I also have a quick question on training. I wore a heart rate monitor while doing some 5 lap motos and my heart rate stayed around 180 the whole time. However, my resting heart rate was around 90 while I was getting ready and in between motos. The heart rate monitor broke after that day so I took it back. I was going to start cycling or mountain biking during the day for around 20-40 minutes. I was wondering if I should keep my heart rate at my "target heart rate" which I calculated to be 160, or if I should keep it at 180 while cycling. (I checked my resting heart rate which was 59bmp to calculate my target heart rate.)

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.