Sign in to follow this  

Ebay + chinese radiators. VERY impressed.

I needed a new pair of rads. both were damaged.

local honda shop wanted 630$ for the pair of OEM rads.

Fluidyne rads online were 440$ for the pair.

OEM honda rads off ebay were 360$ for the pair.

and finally a no name brand (which turns out to be GPI racing or something), look the exact same as fluidyne cost 120$ for the pair!!!

90$ + 30$ shipping, 10 days later a new set of rads arrived in the mailbox. they looked amazing. very solid, well build rads. definitely not junk like most cheap chinese stuff!!! they also hold 30% more coolant and can fit any size rad guards. they are amazing!!!

overall, I would rate them 9.5 / 10. I am recommending them to all my friends that need rads but were too scared to buy them due to the price. I am ordering 3 more sets later on this week!!

the only complaints, which are insignificant, was the shroud was about 1/2 inch away from reaching the rad mount when I went to put the shroud onto the rad. you can either use a bolt thats about 6mm longer, or just squeeze them together and tighten it. its a tight fit and it works perfect still. and also, the nipple parts where you put the hoses over could be maybe 2 or 3mm larger outside diameter for a tighter rad hose fit, but I suppose that doesnt matter once the hose clamps are on. these things went onto the bike like butter.

if you need new rads, I would highly consider these ones: (these ones are also cheaper than the other chinese manufacturers on ebay by 5$)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260780692382&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 2

Yeah there are only very few people whoever had problems with them and all the problems were slight bolt hole misalignment. I bought a pair several years ago and still look and perform great. I think people are just scared because they are from China and the reputation China has for their products

this is why china is going to own the world some day, 1/5 the price and nearly the same quality

Well good news. I need a pair because both mine are bent and have been watching the eBay ones for awhile now.

this is why china is going to own the world some day, 1/5 the price and nearly the same quality

theyre actually better quality as far as I am concerned. I believe the metal is thicker too on the sides and the mounts too. only by about 1/32 of an inch but it is thicker.

Car radiators from china are also good quality and dirt cheap. I hate to admit buying and recommending them, but they are exactly on par with ones costing 3+ times more.

only a fool will spend 3x as much on a product of the same quality. Dont feel bad about recommending them. I am angry that the american product is so over priced. I dont blame the chinese, i blame the americans. It doesnt cost that much to make a radiator, it doesnt. Even if u design it.

only a fool will spend 3x as much on a product of the same quality. Dont feel bad about recommending them. I am angry that the american product is so over priced. I dont blame the chinese, i blame the americans. It doesnt cost that much to make a radiator, it doesnt. Even if u design it.

An American machinist/welder costs a manufacturer $20 an hour.

A Chinese machinist/welder costs a manufacturer a bowl of rice an hour.

When china has all our cash, your boss will pay you in rice too.

• Like 4

word. buy american whenever possible. maybe we can keep ourselves in business

I work in the oil patch with MANY pipeline welders, who get paid 110$ an hour BTW, and I have heard them say that there are kids welding in china with no welding mask. only a piece of cardboard with 1/8th inch slits in it to peek through. kids going blind after 3-5 years of welding over there. sad.

with that being said, I checked the welds on these rads. they are VERY nicely done. definitely wasnt done by a child. I will post pictures up tomorrow.

An American machinist/welder drives a $25,000 pickup truck to work and rides a $7,000 dirt bike or $9,000 street rocket or a $11,000 harley on the weekend.

A Chinese machinist/welder rides a 15 year old 50cc moped to work 7 days a week.

The truck bed is usually empty and the moped has a rack over the rear-wheel with a bag of rice strapped to it.

• Like 1

So you can maybe get a decent set of radiators for a bowl of rice ?

Thanks for the info. Regardless of where they come from, if they work, they work. :ride:

+1:thumbsup:

• Like 1

An American machinist/welder drives a $25,000 pickup truck to work and rides a $7,000 dirt bike or $9,000 street rocket or a $11,000 harley on the weekend.

A Chinese machinist/welder rides a 15 year old 50cc moped to work 7 days a week.

The truck bed is usually empty and the moped has a rack over the rear-wheel with a bag of rice strapped to it.

How many radiators you think the americans need to pump out in an hours to earn that $20?? Hopefully more than 1/8th of a radiator.. Cuz thats about the amount that would correlate with the retail price.

only a fool will spend 3x as much on a product of the same quality. Dont feel bad about recommending them. I am angry that the american product is so over priced. I dont blame the chinese, i blame the americans.

To be more specific, blame the Unions. There is probably a UAW member making car radiators that gets paid $50+ an hour (including benefits) when there are millions of Americans that are unemployed that would do that same job for half that pay.

• Like 1

word. buy American whenever possible. maybe we can keep ourselves in business

Yeap some of my fellow Americans truly amaze me. I mean hell, you think the Chinese spent the money to design these radiators? Nope, this country is really smart when it comes to just about everything they manufacture. They let other countries spend the money & effort to come up with these products and then they simply copy them no matter if it has a patent or not.

You guys can have your Chinese copycat parts but just know that when you hear one of your buddies (or even yourself) bitch'n about losing his job because whatever they were making was outsourced to China that the money saved by buying this cheap shit is money lost in our federal tax revenue by your fellow countrymen standing in the unemployment line!!

Ahh to be a Walmart buying proud American...:ride:... Rant over.

In china to do buisness there you need to partner with the state. The state owns 51 percent. Right now GM is making more profit in the chinese market than at home... great for GM buttttt. What happens when the chinese domestic auto builders such as cherry can build a car with the same quality as gm or toyota for that matter? GOOD BYE GM, Now Boeing is going to do the same thing. Its one big technology transfer. China has become the worlds factory which is great when we can afford to be consumers & all of joe public can be white collar. The problem is our wages are dropping, unemployment is going up & the value of our homes is falling... crap I sound like a commie but I thought free trade was going to benefit the majority not the minority? Lets at least force china to play fairly or GTF out!

hell i would love to buy american if i could afford it but if any of your are buying the $500 fluidynes vs going to ebay and getting the $120 chinas then i got one word to describe you and its not a compliment.

• Like 2

hell i would love to buy american if i could afford it but if any of your are buying the $500 fluidynes vs going to ebay and getting the $120 chinas then i got one word to describe you and its not a compliment.

Yeah its a little too late, we do not have a choice, & even if we could afford to pay more, who the hell is going to pay quadruple for the same quality, 20 years ago we could afford to buy the fluidynes & there was no china knockoffs around so it was a good deal...20 years from now we may not be able to afford the chinas........its a slippery slope... excuse me while I bow :lol::ride: to my future china lords