Ebay + chinese radiators. VERY impressed.

I didn't mean not to buy a normal radiator from ebay, I mean the cheap knockoff ones, dude.

Maybe I was unlucky but it would mean that both the left and the right one had issues....or maybe they are just shit. I am sure there are plenty of people that have had good results, but that is like having someone who has had a bad experience with customer service from one of the main places RMATV, Motorcycle superstore, etc...and then someone tells you "oh I never have a problem with them..... "who cares...... I did" I am just saying.. mine were shit and a waste of time.

With my new radiators on, I can't even get the oil dip stick out because the pipe comes out over it. I would have to remove my gas tank, remove the hose that goes through the frame and then check my oil. It also took me 45 minutes to muscle the gas tank on trying to get the bolts to line up. And last but not least the breather hose is pointing farther forward then it should and it hitting that little black box near the top of the frame.

Honestly not trying to be a dick here, but searching threads about this on TT would have steered you toward a quality dealer and still with a low price- they are out there. Mylers is a good example, I believe that they import the oversize Chinese rads but back them up here in the USA and get rave reviews every time. It might be a good time to bite the bullet, shitcan these junk rads and give them a call; life is too short to pound a round peg into a square hole.

Honestly not trying to be a dick here, but searching threads about this on TT would have steered you toward a quality dealer and still with a low price- they are out there. Mylers is a good example, I believe that they import the oversize Chinese rads but back them up here in the USA and get rave reviews every time. It might be a good time to bite the bullet, shitcan these junk rads and give them a call; life is too short to pound a round peg into a square hole.

Your right, I should have searched before to see what others had to say. I guess I don't really mind making some modifications to get them to fit, etc. etc, but they are not sold saying that and in my case..... Unless I drill a new dipstick hole in my frame (not happenning) these no matter what, do not fit my 04 wr450.

I have moved on and in the process found out about some of the other radiator options out there, thanks.

I wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy these radiators for my bike.. I cant remember the exact seller, but these look identical.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-KXF450-KX450F-06-07-08-2006-AL-alloy-Radiator-/280666287453?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415903ad5d#ht_1317wt_1110

With 2400+ purchase history and a 98.8% feedback rating I'm sure they are good.

i would recheck the price, $135 for 1 side, $260 for both from mylers. they look like the chinese ones i bought for $102.

I agree i seen the mylers and though Ive only looked at pictures online, I cant tell a difference from the chinese for $100.. I would imagine a majority of the guys selling them off of ebay for $100-120 are selling identical products, just renamed under their generic ebay store name, etc. They all seem the same to me..

Mylers is smart by trying to market the product as something different, and doubling the mark-up, but if i was a betting man my money says they are the same as the $100.00 chines clones.

i would recheck the price, $135 for 1 side, $260 for both from mylers. they look like the chinese ones i bought for $102.

You are correct, I missed that!

I have used these two sellers for radiators ringle02 and asi_performance did have to drill new hole for radiator grill on one radiator. Both have product in US and quick ship. Have Fluidynes on two bikes and these Chinese copies on everything else. Dealer on the Fluidynes is $175 each so could get 3 + sets for that. Never had a problem with l

knock offs

• 3 months later...

I know they say you get what you pay for, but is going with this ebay radiator for like $125 a good idea? Or will it fall apart really quick? Or just not perform well in general?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-YAMAHA-YZ250F-YZF250-RADIATOR-01-05-BL-HOSES-/310394161654?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4844ef09f6&vxp=mtr#ht_1413wt_1160

I bought a right side radiator half off ebay 3 years ago. The sellers name was Just-Intercoolers. I paid around $70 and got a good peice that fit well, never leaked and has held up to a lot of riding and many crashes (knock on wood).

My friend bought similar radiators on e-bay from a different seller and has also had no problems.

Not sure if this helps, but that's my experience....

If ya do some searching, there are probably 100+ threads on ebay radiators on this forum. The general concensus is that they are pretty darn good, but may have some fitment issues on certain bikes.

I have a pair on my big bore / stroker 04 CRF450R. Build quality is excellent, and they hold more fluid and cool better than stock. I boiled coolant in the stock radiators constantly on slow trails. Only real issue I've had is the upper outlet on the right side radiator (smaller hose that goes between the tanks) needs to be relocated, or the hose rubs on the frame. I also had to modify my Devol radiator guards to fit them.

Edited by pur3evil

Mine were good, had to bend one coolant pipe because of fitting issues with the pipe, and they didn't come with the little tabs on them to attach your plastics onto, but they're better than my smashed up old ones, or paying full price for OEM!

Edited by cloud2901

I bought some for my GasGas, the build quality is awesome, the only fitment issues I have is the radiator cap doesnt quite line up with the cutout in the shroud, but it lines up well enough to work, and one coolant line kinda aims too much towards the cylinder and the hose is really close, but hasnt caused any issues. Overall I say they are worth a shot for the price, worst case you might have to tweak a thing or two but most likely they will fit ok.

might have to mod them a bit to fit good but they are fine, i got some polished oversized ones for my 08 kawi 450, they fit kinda bad, had to cut down and bend one of the top pipes, and the radiator gauds are like wired on because they dont line up.. but they bolt on and fit fine to the bike, was mostly just the stock radiator gaurds were hard to fit on, OH and my radiator breaces had to be bent kinde crazy to fit the oversized radiators, its a little rigged but they are holding up nicely and look good you cant even tell how rigged on they are.. there worth it IMO...

I have had great luck with cheap ebay radiators. I had a set on a YZ250F that fit and worked great. I also have a set on my YZ450F that did not fit quite right, but after a little modification I have had no other problems with them. For the price you can't beat these.

There are quite a few different manufacturers selling radiators on eBay now. A few years ago there was one or two Chinese radiator companies and they were good to go. Check the ratings of the different people and go with the better one if you can. Like everybody else, the quality of the product is good but some have had fitting problems. Mine were good all the way around.