Sign in to follow this  

2006 tm 450 steering damper

scotts steering dampner with mods/make mounts. WER also makes a very nice unit that mounts to most bikes. Also-the honda sterering dampner can be mounted to just about any bike. ride engineering sells a mount kit for different bikes using the honda dampner.

scotts steering dampner with mods/make mounts. WER also makes a very nice unit that mounts to most bikes. Also-the honda sterering dampner can be mounted to just about any bike. ride engineering sells a mount kit for different bikes using the honda dampner.

I had a steel framed TM400E that I welded a Scotts (weld On ) tower and used Scotts TM bar mounts. Everything bolted right up.

If you want a bolt on tower. Check the diameter and maybe they can come up with something.

Found out the 05-08 crf 450 steering stem bearing is the same as the tm. Going to try a gpr damper, will post how the install goes.

A CRF has an aluminum frame and it totally different than a TM frame. Will not bolt up. Whats the diameter of the head tube where the frame clamp would mount? Also whats the bar spacing center to center and the bar mount bolts front to back and side to side on center. With that i can tell you what will fit. I recommend a Scotts over a GPR all day long.

I'd just get a WER or the Honda HSPD unit and fab it up.