S to E engine swap question

Yup, the fan will still work.

Your Neutral indicator will not work and you will have deal with the green wire at the CDI.

ahh whats that your on about with the green wire, what do i need to do with it.

thanks for bringing that up ?

S/SM the green wire in the larger CDI connector needs to be grounded. The CDI box used on E models the wire is a different color but if you plug the E box into a S/SM harness that wire needs to be open circuit. The Green wire is part if the neutral/sidestand interlock system and the system uses the neutral connection for ground. So no neutral switch in the E motor and the interlock system is confused. Not a problem, just wire around the whole system so the green wire is always grounded.

S/SM the green wire in the larger CDI connector needs to be grounded. The CDI box used on E models the wire is a different color but if you plug the E box into a S/SM harness that wire needs to be open circuit. The Green wire is part if the neutral/sidestand interlock system and the system uses the neutral connection for ground. So no neutral switch in the E motor and the interlock system is confused. Not a problem, just wire around the whole system so the green wire is always grounded.

thanks for the reply, where or how would you recomend grounding the wire to ? would it solve he problem if i just got an E model cdi.

sorry guys for being like this but i just want to be 100% sure before i do any think this time , as i broke it last time hope you dont mind

am i cutting the green wire going from the E engine to the CDI or the green wire going from the CDI to the the wiring harness

also when i cut the green wire wich half of the wire do i ground, from the CDI or the other end.

hope that makes sense thanks every one for there input?

really want it to work this time, im the guy who's big bore install went bad resulting in a new motor :ride:

so thanks

There are 2 connectors that go to the CDI. Both have a green wire. DON'T do anything with the smaller connector. (the small one is the one that comes from the motor) In the larger connector, that is the green wire to be grounded. There are several ways to do it. If you have already bypassed the side stand switch (cut the wires and connected green to black with white stripe) you are good to go. Or you can go up to the sidestand/turnsignal relay behind the headlight and ground that green wire. Or you can cut the green wire from the larger CDI connector anyplace that is convenient and ground the end that goes to the CDI.

Or, if you don't do anything, you will only loose the capability for the motor to run with the sidestand down in neutral. As long as the sidestand is up it will always run with no mods at all.

There are 2 connectors that go to the CDI. Both have a green wire. DON'T do anything with the smaller connector. (the small one is the one that comes from the motor) In the larger connector, that is the green wire to be grounded. There are several ways to do it. If you have already bypassed the side stand switch (cut the wires and connected green to black with white stripe) you are good to go. Or you can go up to the sidestand/turnsignal relay behind the headlight and ground that green wire. Or you can cut the green wire from the larger CDI connector anyplace that is convenient and ground the end that goes to the CDI.

Or, if you don't do anything, you will only loose the capability for the motor to run with the sidestand down in neutral. As long as the sidestand is up it will always run with no mods at all.

noble there is no easy way to say this but i love you, thanksso much.

i have got a vapor with no neutral light and iv done the side stand MOD so im just going to leave it as it is, thanks

The only blue wire I know of is 1 of the 4 wires that go to the CDI: Black, White, Blue and Green. All 4 wires come from the stator and go to the CDI and are contained in a single 4 pin plug. If you have another blue wire, you will have to describe it or send a picture.

Is this blue wire on the E motor or the S motor?

There is a blue wire that goes to the carb for the throttle position sensor (TPS). That would be 1 of 3 wires in a 3 pin plug; Blue, Yellow, and Black with white stripe.

hi noble thanks man

on the S its a white cluser under the gear lever with a black wire with a black connector on the other end.

on the E its a black cluster under the gear lever with a blue wire with a white crappy connector on it.

the two connectors are both different.

are they interchangable ?

thanks once again noble :ride:

MutualBill - Without a neutral switch, you will loose the ability for the motor to run in neutral with the side stand down unless the sidestand switch is bypassed. See explanations above.

nicho - You will have to send pictures. US/Canadian E models have no wires and no neutral switch. Just the wires from the stator. One bundle of 3 (all yellow) to the regulator/rectifier and the bundle of 4 (black, white, green, blue) to the CDI. Plus the bundle of 3 (green, black with white stripe, yellow) to the carb throttle position sensor.