Right side gasket

Having some trouble locating this in a timely manner. The two dealerships here will take a week from today to get it. Bikebandit is 5-7. Need it by mid next week. Any ideas?

Part # 11482-29F00

Pretty standard time frame unless a shop has one on the shelf for another reason. I just checked my spares... I do not have one available.....must have used it on another listers bike before I left this last time and forgot to reorder.

You might get lucky and someone here has a gasket they can do without for a week..another option...bring it over...we can do the loctitefix's, the mcct install, and send you home on a trailer...just needing to lay on a gasket, tighten down the case cover screws and add coolant , oil... Otherwise order the gasket..if it gets here before I depart on the 15th.....bring it over then.

Pretty standard time frame unless a shop has one on the shelf for another reason. I just checked my spares... I do not have one available.....must have used it on another listers bike before I left this last time and forgot to reorder.

You might get lucky and someone here has a gasket they can do without for a week..another option...bring it over...we can do the loctitefix's, the mcct install, and send you home on a trailer...just needing to lay on a gasket, tighten down the case cover screws and add coolant , oil... Otherwise order the gasket..if it gets here before I depart on the 15th.....bring it over then.

Just placed an order from one of the local dealerships. ETA tuesday-thursday, so maybe with luck it will get here Tuesday.

FYI to everyone here: Mr. Marquez is an awesome guy. I'm sure ya'll already know that, though.

You should always keep a tube of Yamaha/bond or equivalent on hand. It will keep you from having to wait on gaskets that are not head/compression related.

You should always keep a tube of Yamaha/bond or equivalent on hand. It will keep you from having to wait on gaskets that are not head/compression related.

Not a great idea for several reasons in this application.

The paper gasket comes off in many pieces,,, not something that just needs a little resealing,,, talking humptydumpty. Here, :smirk:

The oem gasket has a very special section to it at the water passage seal area.... Without the correct gasket in good shape,, you risk coolant entering the case.

Yamabond is better at sealing than any paper gasket and will not blow out even under water pump pressures. You just need to make sure it is applied to both surfaces lightly and let it set for a period to cure before the two covers are compressed. Its not as easy as laying in a well oiled paper composite gasket but the stuff is great for that quick get me back together so I can ride.

Yamabond is better at sealing than any paper gasket and will not blow out even under water pump pressures. You just need to make sure it is applied to both surfaces lightly and let it set for a period to cure before the two covers are compressed. Its not as easy as laying in a well oiled paper composite gasket but the stuff is great for that quick get me back together so I can ride.

It is a great sealant now doubt. :smirk: and as a case sealant it can't be beat. Replacing a paper gasket.... Well, not by choice,,, very hard to control where that goop ends up on the inside of the case,,, one small bit the size of a pin head in the oil jet for the head,, and you burn up a top end... As well as,, paper gaskets are often used to set a depth, or clearance between the case halves, or parts that are held captive between them.

Again,, very difficult to set that clearance as your tightening the cover with just sealant between the covers.

Would I try it at the track when it was the only choice to get back in a race,,,, you bet :smirk: but I would not do it if the bike was at the house... To each his own,,, if it works for you :prof::worthy:

I would never reuse that gasket for the reasons Erik mentions. I also never use sealant anywhere other than where called for.

In an emergency, I suppose a tiny bead and a reuse of the gasket would be permissiable but a new gasket would be installed at the earliest possible moment.

The small bore yamahas do not even come with center case gaskets. I wear a latex glove and put the yamabond on my finger and then wipe it evenly onto the case halves. this stuff is not like using rtv....it does not rubber up and come loose.

Just saying I will always keep a tube for any emergency so I am not waiting to ride.

No bikes I have ever seen have a gasket where the main case halves meet. All use a production like Threebond/YamaBond/SuzukiBond... For the very reason Erik mentions. the thickness here is so critical even minor variations in gasket material plus the flex inherent i one makes them unusable. Sealant only.

you cant go to a parts store n buy a square of gasket and cut it to size..?

you cant go to a parts store n buy a square of gasket and cut it to size..?

:ride: ounce you do your loctite fixes,,you will see that the gasket is very specific in it's construction, and this otion is not possible..