Accelerator pump mod and tuning?

I have a 2000E model plated and converted to sm :prof: My throttle stuck wide open the other day on the freeway ? ... ? ...so i decided it was time to pull out the nice big 39mm fcr and clean her up a little (it wasn't the cable, something internal). With routine inspection i found my accelerator pump diaphragm was torn. I got a new one along with a whole bunch of new o-rings and seals on their way so i decided to look into the mod on here. I guess i haven't really looked into it enough to understand it but can someone help me understand the accelerator pump mod or how to tune the accelerator pump? It looks like right now it is set to only push the rod down about half way, then the stop on the rod bottoms out. Let me know anything i should know. Thanks

i know there is a spring, and ya the o ring is fine. I am talking about the eddie mod and ya it always bogged/cut out on quick acceleration so thats why i looked into it.

Do the complete Eddie mod and bask in the glory of crisp throttle response. I had previously set and timed my ap squirt, made a nice improvement but the Eddie mod made it even better!

Do the complete Eddie mod and bask in the glory of crisp throttle response. I had previously set and timed my ap squirt, made a nice improvement but the Eddie mod made it even better!

Kewl So what exactly does the mod do? Looks like it just sets it up so it has a longer squirt