I cant stand these stupid sound advertisements!!!

I cant stand the stupid video advertisements. I get on to check things and read up on some threads and all of a sudden i hear a baby yelling. Why? Its so annoying. You cant turn the sound off either! So i end up closing the link. Is there a way to stop these advertisements from coming up?

Dont go on the Internet:smirk:

Sorry

turn the sound down.

I was able to turn off the volume from the advertisment.

Firefox + Adblock = no ads.

I never blocked the ads on this site until they became completely obnoxious.

hatin the sounds too

I agree, pop-ups and sound blasts are offensive enough to make me go elsewhere. Thank goodness for adblockers.

I keep my ad blocker off for TT...but keep flash blocker ON. I don't like moving or noisy ads, which are almost all made using flash.

Become a member. No more ads at all

That happened to me last night, kinda creepy actually.... hadn't touched the computer in over an hour and all of a sudden there was this baby laughing for like 3 min and I couldnt find an add or anything on the scren and couldn't turn it down . kinda glad it happens to other people.

Never had it happen, but I guess I wouldn't know either since I don't leave the computer volume on.

That happened to me last night, kinda creepy actually.... hadn't touched the computer in over an hour and all of a sudden there was this baby laughing for like 3 min and I couldnt find an add or anything on the scren and couldn't turn it down . kinda glad it happens to other people.

LOL! That same thing happened to me yesterday, and at the time my 2 kids were sleeping in bed and It really kinda freaked me out for a split second!! I too did not see any ads or could not figure out where this laughing kid came from so I was forced to close down my browser! Crazy dude.:ride:

Mine is still doing it today (Friday) been three days now and I too do not see an advertisement this sound of a crying baby goes with. Something is up.

If you can find the ad that causes the sound, screenshot it and post in the site bugs forum. They are trying to nuke it.