Sign in to follow this  

Ssw fcr

just opened the box for this thing, it has a threaded nipple in a package with the carb, not sure where that goes? also, no reciept, and no note as to what jets are in it after I sent them the specs on the bike to jet accordingly. Just thinking for the kind of money you spend on this stuff you would get instructions and a reciept. I can not find after searching, what the nipple is for, and which hose goes where? mostly I need to know which one is the vacuum reference for the petcock.

Look in the FAQs of the forum. There are terrific write ups with pictures.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397

Best instructions you can get. PM Eddie about the recipt.

guess I dont mean an actual reciept, I want to know whats in the stupid carb, so if I have a problem and someone asks what jets i have, I actually know.... but either would be nice

I think the instructions posted here are written by Eddie and are therefore the same as what would have been in the box. Beyond that a search would get you even more results especially regarding your question about the vacuum nipple. Beyond even that if you get stuck I've personally listened to both Ed and Kevin answer countless questions about carb installs over the phone. I used to do the same things when I worked with Ed. I've personally listened to Ed and Kevin answer questions about carb installs when people have purchased elsewhere. I'm not sure of what other companies do that on a regular basis. As for your comment about "this kind of money" I agree the carbs are expensive. Having said that you probably paid what you were quoted and Ed and Kevin sell them for the same price as elsewhere even though they take care of the setup (usually at no charge). As for the jetting specs and receipt I'm sure a polite phone call or or message would get you the results you are after.

I will give you 250 for that carb. Because no one want's a stupid carb

If you bought the carb from Eddie you won't have to do any thing more to the carb other than mount it and connect the vaccum line . That's what the nipple is for .

All he wants to know is what jets he has. No carb will be perfect until it has been set up and checked. If he needs to make changes it would have been nice to know what he has already.

Eddie can't get it spot on every time unless he sees the bike.

I'm sure Eddie could tell you of the top of his head what he put in there, all you had to do was mail him???

In fact if you mention the full set up, I'm pretty sure someone else could tell you exactly what is in there, it isn't a magic formula

just opened the box for this thing, it has a threaded nipple in a package with the carb, not sure where that goes? also, no reciept, and no note as to what jets are in it after I sent them the specs on the bike to jet accordingly. Just thinking for the kind of money you spend on this stuff you would get instructions and a reciept. I can not find after searching, what the nipple is for, and which hose goes where? mostly I need to know which one is the vacuum reference for the petcock.

You are directing your questions and concerns to the wrong audience....

Why you wouldn't just talk to eddie directly is beyond my comprehension...:ride:

Realistically it would have taken less time to pull the bowl and slide and check yourself than it took to start this thread. If it came from Eddie I'm sure it's set up pretty much spot on.

if eddie is involved ... all you need to do is bolt it on :ride:

I think youre missing the point. SOME sort of info regarding what setup was sent would be helpful. Why should he have to figure out what setup the carb came with, there should be some sort of paperwork sent out with the carb. It would be a lot more helpful.

Someones missing the point! And it might be right on top of their head.

Alexander Graham Bell went to all the trouble to invent the phone and Al Gore broke his back inventing the internet so you could email Eddie.

You could always send it back because your so dissatisfied and buy one on ebay, then post up here asking Eddie how to make it go.

no reason to argue over this guys.

i do not put invoices or instructions in the box for very specific reasons.

Look in the FAQs of the forum. There are terrific write ups with pictures.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=397

Best instructions you can get. PM Eddie about the recipt.

Direct link to the install article is http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649485

Pretty sure it,s accurate and complete ... I wear the same underware as the guy who wrote it :lol:

The kit comes for SSW as requested,,, if unsure of what jets were instep Ed for your custom setup, call, email or pm Eddie at SSW. Simple as that. :ride:

You are directing your questions and concerns to the wrong audience....

Why you wouldn't just talk to eddie directly is beyond my comprehension...:ride:

because this is a forum, that people use for information. Do you call suzuki every time you have a question about your bike? I didnt think so. :lol:

I had no idea Eddies faithful would take such offense to someone posting out of frustration. I feel like I took a shot at someones religion here. I know Eddie is " the man" on this stuff, otherwise I wouldnt have ordered it from him. Now, the reason I didnt open it up to check, is should I have a problem with the carb once its on the bike, I KNOW it couldnt be something I did. Which is funny... I am now glad I didnt open it, because the bike will not stay running when I get out of the throttle after cruising for a bit. I would ask for advice but I would HATE TO OFFEND ALL OF YOU.

The first reply to this thread had all of the information you needed: look at the FAQ to see what the vacuum nipple does and ask eddie about the carb specs/receipt. Ignore everything else.

the bike will not stay running when I get out of the throttle after cruising for a bit.

I'd be interested in seeing how you will get this resolved.