Another should I buy blah blah blah

Ok, been riding 4 strokes since like 02. Bought a YZ250 2 stroke a few years ago and didn't like it as I seemed to get whiskey throttle on it a lot. Anyways, rode a 125 for a bit the other day and had a blast on it. Found an 08 KTM 125SX for $2000 in my area. I am a previous KTM owner and used to work at a KTM dealer, so I know these bikes are bad a##. Anyways, from what I can tell it seems like a good deal as I don't want to lose money if I don't like it much and sell it at the end of the summer. What are they selling for in your area? I am a vet B rider (not racer) in MX so I don't care about being underpowered, just want to have fun and ride something I can keep pinned nonstop.

That sounds like a good deal to me, newer KTM 125s seem to be hard to come by used from what I have seen.

Ok, been riding 4 strokes since like 02. Bought a YZ250 2 stroke a few years ago and didn't like it as I seemed to get whiskey throttle on it a lot. Anyways, rode a 125 for a bit the other day and had a blast on it. Found an 08 KTM 125SX for $2000 in my area. I am a previous KTM owner and used to work at a KTM dealer, so I know these bikes are bad a##. Anyways, from what I can tell it seems like a good deal as I don't want to lose money if I don't like it much and sell it at the end of the summer. What are they selling for in your area? I am a vet B rider (not racer) in MX so I don't care about being underpowered, just want to have fun and ride something I can keep pinned nonstop.

That sounds like a pretty good deal, just make sure it isn't worn out. Don't see many 125's around here, but 08 200's bring anywhere from $3K to $3500, so it sounds decent.

Yeah, I kind of looked around but couldn't find many to compare to. There is an 07 for 2000 that I could probably talk the guy down and an 08 for 2400 the kid said he would take 2 for, so I guess I need to figure out what I want to do.

I bought an 06 at the end of last year in excellent/perfect condition for $2400 and still feel like I got a great deal ! I wasn't looking at resale value, though. Its a great bike and I love it

That sounds like a pretty good deal, just make sure it isn't worn out. Don't see many 125's around here, but 08 200's bring anywhere from $3K to $3500, so it sounds decent.

Geeze moss. An 08 200 would sell in a heartbeat at $3500 in this area. Six months ago, one went for 5k.

Geeze moss. An 08 200 would sell in a heartbeat at $3500 in this area. Six months ago, one went for 5k.

Well, if I don't like mine, maybe I will advertise it there. :ride:

soft market here at the moment. there are some deals to be had.