Thinking about coming out of (early) retirement, need some opinions!

On July 25th of last year I wrecked my last bike and jacked my knee up bad. At first they thought it was a torn ACL but it was actually a tibial plateau fracture and the tendon basically came off of my leg. I did a lot of PT, sold the bike saying never again, blah blah blah. Well now I am thinking about getting another bike. In particular I am thinking of a 125 2t. I am a big guy (for a 125) at 6'1" and 230#s. When I rode before its almost exclusively tight single track and Im worried it may not be enough for the hills here in Southern WV. But I just want something to play around on and have fun. I need to sort of ease back into this stuff. I'd love to hear from some big(er) guys on 125s!:smirk:

On July 25th of last year I wrecked my last bike and jacked my knee up bad. At first they thought it was a torn ACL but it was actually a tibial plateau fracture and the tendon basically came off of my leg. I did a lot of PT, sold the bike saying never again, blah blah blah. Well now I am thinking about getting another bike. In particular I am thinking of a 125 2t. I am a big guy (for a 125) at 6'1" and 230#s. When I rode before its almost exclusively tight single track and Im worried it may not be enough for the hills here in Southern WV. But I just want something to play around on and have fun. I need to sort of ease back into this stuff. I'd love to hear from some big(er) guys on 125s!:ride:

After my injury (3+ year break) I also got back into the sport on a 125 2-stroke. It was a blast but I eventually sold it after I got into hare scramble racing. The 125 worked great in the woods but took more energy to ride fast than my 300. If I was just trail riding I would have kept the 125. I think you would be happy with a 125 but the KTM 200 sounds like it would fit you better IMO.

Personally, I wouldnt buy a 125 for the trails. Some say they make you a better rider, but I just think they make you work 5 times harder. That lack of bottom end always got me in trouble on my RM125 in addition to the MX gearing...I sold it. I do agree with the KTM 200 suggestion.

i am about your size, and I bought a cr125 for a woods/trail bike, loved it....still do. I started racing hare scrambles and with the right mods the cr can be great. BUT I just bought an 05 rm250 all set up for hare scrambles and I don't think I will ever go back to a 125 for single track.

Yeah, a trailized 250 is a much better setup than any 125, IMO