Ballinger canyon and rangers

California

Outlaws no problem, or lots of patrolling?

Only been a few times, but have never seen a hint of a ranger...

Only been a few times, but have never seen a hint of a ranger...

Yeah, last time I was there was two years ago, so I thought I'd check.

I was there in March, didn't see any rangers..

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but over the years I have seen them make an appearance at the staging/camping zone at the entrance to the area. I'd guess it's more likely on the weekend than a weekday. If you are sitting there at this time of year with a red sticker bike you might get a ticket.

I've never seen anything more than a ranger just driving through.

While I haven't been there in a little over a year, my last visit did involve a ranger driving around the staging area to check for up-to-date registration/stickers. They just did a quick check of everyone that happened to be in the staging area when they arrived and left immediately after.

While I haven't been there in a little over a year, my last visit did involve a ranger driving around the staging area to check for up-to-date registration/stickers. They just did a quick check of everyone that happened to be in the staging area when they arrived and left immediately after.

:ride:

Krannie why dont you join us tomorrow?

Krannie why dont you join us tomorrow?

Thanks Bill, I'd love to, but I'm not fully recovered yet.

Next time!

I've been there a few times this last month including camping 2 nights and I didn't see a single ranger. A couple years ago you would see them everyday.