Sign in to follow this  

650R easy weight loss..

I rolled my bike off the stand today,, an easy 50 lbs lighter!!

Got rid of all tha extra "stuff":thumbsup:

Now if i can just get it to start:smirk:

DSCN6944.jpg

I rolled my bike off the stand today,, an easy 50 lbs lighter!!

Got rid of all tha extra "stuff":thumbsup:

Now if i can just get it to start:smirk:

Give it a full strip down and clean now, what was the reason for it being apart?

A rear tyre wouldn't hurt either lol

Matt.

What you cant see is the pile of mountain bike parts that he is grafting onto the XR... bolt up the crankarms and pedals... downhill racer!

If your calling me fat then i quit!:ride: Your saying you took off unwanted parts that equals 50 lbs?:lol: Whats on that list, Im curious.

Give it a full strip down and clean now, what was the reason for it being apart?

A rear tyre wouldn't hurt either lol

Matt.

Just a little fresh'n up... It's been a good 10 years on the stock piston,funny part was it's not worn not more than a half a thou. But i found a few other 'issues'. That tire is the next thing,although it still works really well,mainly because it's about 12" wide.:ride:
If your calling me fat then i quit!:lol: Your saying you took off unwanted parts that equals 50 lbs?:lol: Whats on that list, Im curious.

The normal stuff..like a cylinder,cam,head,,etc etc.:lol:

Just a little fresh'n up... It's been a good 10 years on the stock piston,funny part was it's not worn not more than a half a thou. But i found a few other 'issues'. That tire is the next thing,although it still works really well,mainly because it's about 12" wide.:ride:

QUOTE]

That's amzing for the years of riding..how did the valve seats look?

QUOTE]

That's amzing for the years of riding..how did the valve seats look?

The seats look really good,although the intake valves are dished bad,the inner springs are sacked out.Also the ex valves had been getting a little 'personal' with the piston. The new (oem) piston will have the ex pockets relieved 50 thou.

I run a stage two cam and REALLY don't want to give that up:banana: