Sign in to follow this  

150r oil changed in to tranny HELP

my neighbor changed his oil on his 07 150R and though that the oil dip stick is for checking the oil level and the tranny side was for adding.

basically he rode with an over filled tranny and dry engine and seized it. his mom wants to sell me the bike for 750 Cash... it has black excels with HD spokes and two brothers slip on.

not really sure if it is worth it i could rebuild/new engine OR ?

what i should offer her price wise she wants it gone ASAP.. let me know what you think!

ANY input would be greatly appreciated thanks!

$750 is too much. Think about what you can part it out for. Then figure out how many man hours worth of work it would take to accomplish this. Figure the entire motor will need rebuilt. Every bearing etc. Always go with the worse case scenario when dealing with bikes like this, or you might get burned. Also if you price it according to fleabay also consider that paypal and fleabay will take their share of your profits too. I think it's about 20% anymore. So If I were in your shoes I would offer like 500 or less, depending on the condition of the rest of the bike. just my two cents.

I sell items on eBay (not dirt bike parts) and have for a few years now. Figure between eBay and paypal, you will lose 16% to 18% of each sale after paying their fees. Also look at all the 150R parts on there now to get an idea of what is already available. But keep in mind, just because someone has a subframe (for example) listed for $150, that it will actually sell for that. There are some things on there now that I think are reasonable and some things I think are way out to lunch. I think I even saw complete motors for sale. Might be something to look into if you want to get this bike up and running.

theres also the value it's worth TO YOU at the present moment and situation you're in (whatever that may be)

Ummm, with this situation you know the transmission is golden still. All you have to worry about is the crank end. For 700 its a good deal.

I would jump on it in a heart beat. If you don't want it, tell her I will buy it.