What stater is best aftermarket or stock

I might have to replace my stater but im not done trouble shooting. I priced a stock one and it is 420. The heavy duty aftermarket ones on ebay or around 120. The guy i talked to at the bike shop said you can't trust the aftermarket ones. Also im thinking of doing the kickstart kit to solve my starting problems

I might have to replace my stater but im not done trouble shooting. I priced a stock one and it is 420. The heavy duty aftermarket ones on ebay or around 120. The guy i talked to at the bike shop said you can't trust the aftermarket ones. Also im thinking of doing the kickstart kit to solve my starting problems

if you have starting issues a kick start wont help them. what are the starting issues DRZs typically start easily

Ricky Stator is a member here and stands behind his product. I would buy one of his in a heartbeat.

Plus 2 on what D said RS has been on here several times to help sort any issues with their stuff

It's a Canadian Company. RM STATOR .

I should be fair in my assessment of them. my first (OEM) stator failed due to the PO's inept wiring which caused a harness fire. The second was an RM Stator and failed due to it not being a quality product, as such RM stood behind it after seeing it, and sent me a new one. The third failed (most likely) because I had a bolt back out of it causing excess vibration and eventually failing the stator and scoring my flywheel slightly (yes, it was locktited).

I guess my assessment is mostly based on my personal bad experience. Your experience may vary. The real downside to RM is stuff has to go through customs and takes a week just to do that, plus actual travel time.