(PICS)How do they look: cylinder, piston and head (PICS)

Looks good to me what do you think?

So I bought my bike used a few months ago, the previous owner said the top end was done about 1 or 2 seasons ago, but he didn't run it too hard so it should have plenty life in it. Well today I took the head off for the first time, to check out the cylinder, head and piston. Pics are below. I'm gonna take the cylinder off as soon as I type this and post my first pictures:

Spark Plug

IMG-20110602-00059.jpg

IMG-20110602-00061.jpg

Blue towel is in exhaust port

IMG-20110602-00065.jpg

IMG-20110602-00066.jpg

Top of pic is intake side

IMG-20110602-00067.jpg

Top of piston

IMG-20110602-00055.jpg

Head

IMG-20110602-00056.jpg

Top is right side of cylinder

IMG-20110602-00068.jpg

Top is left side of cylinder

IMG-20110602-00069.jpg

it does look good to me. i seen worse and still be ridding ..

Looks good but I wouldn't get used to showing your jug off in public

Looks good but I wouldn't get used to showing your jug off in public

What do you mean?

SO I just started taking off the cylinder, I took off the left side contro cover and this is what I found!!!!! Notice anything wrong, The 2 screws were just laying in there and the little bracket that holds the roller in is just laying in the back! The screws must not have had loctite on them! Also the roller didnt have it's o-ring on it, you can see there was oil in that area!

IMG-20110602-00070.jpg

SO I just started taking off the cylinder, I took off the left side contro cover and this is what I found!!!!! Notice anything wrong, The 2 screws were just laying in there and the little bracket that holds the roller in is just laying in the back! The screws must not have had loctite on them! Also the roller didnt have it's o-ring on it, you can see there was oil in that area!

IMG-20110602-00070.jpg

^ atleast the powervalve is lined up where its supposed to be. That wouldnt have caused any damage and the oil is normal. The bolts on mine were locktighted so well that I stripped and destroyed the bolt getting it out. needed to bake the cylinder in the oven and use a punch to undo the bolt :lol: you should take the powervalve assembly apart and clean it all out and then lube it all up with 2-stroke oil. :ride:

^ atleast the powervalve is lined up where its supposed to be. That wouldnt have caused any damage and the oil is normal. The bolts on mine were locktighted so well that I stripped and destroyed the bolt getting it out. needed to bake the cylinder in the oven and use a punch to undo the bolt :lol: you should take the powervalve assembly apart and clean it all out and then lube it all up with 2-stroke oil. :ride:

:lol: Yeah, luckily it was still lined up, the bolt holding it in place was loose also, so it was only a matter of time before it became misaligned.

I am putting up more pics of the cylinder and piston in about 5 minutes. yeah I am gonna disassemble the PV in the morning and clean and lube it up.

What do you think

IMG-20110603-00074.jpg

IMG-20110603-00073.jpg

IMG-20110603-00072.jpg

IMG-20110603-00071.jpg

So found a problem, the left side end of the flapper seems as though it has a machine error. It has a lip on it. So I still cant get part # 3 off but I can now get part# 2 on. I'm not worried about part # 2 cause it doesn't need to come off to clean it but part # 3 needs to go on for the PV to function properly.

Has this happened to anyone and how can I fix it?Nevermind, VERY strange, it was almost like it was manufactured with a defect/ a thin piece of metal on it, I took a small thin flat screwdriver and messed around with it and some of it ended up just scraping off. I can get part # 2 on but cant get 3 off. I'm ok with that though.

Screenshot2011-06-03at11038AM.png

IMG-20110603-00082.jpg

IMG-20110603-00081.jpg

Edited by riding4life162
What do you mean?

I think he was joking..a play on words...showing your jug(s) in public

Pistons definately got some time on it judging by the blow by, although its minimal I doubt that pistons very fresh...

Also kinda hard to tell from the pics but that top end looks like it sucked some sand or dirt through it.

I just took my piston off. The numbers on the top of the piston are:

02301-11 8017DB

Under the piston it has a W2

I looked up the numbers and found out its a Wossner Piston.

http://www.niksindustries.com/store/wossne...piston-kit.html

I am assuming the B in 8017DB means its a #2 Piston. Does anyone know what the W2 means. I might head to RMATV tomorrow and get a wiseco or just order from http://wossneronline.com/forged_pistons/in...products_id=563.

I did see Munn Racing had Wossner kits for $161. Any other ideas on where I can get any other decent piston kits for a good price?

Edited by riding4life162