Hoodoo/Big Lake-Snow?

Oregon

I'm supposed to be meeting some friends at Hoodoo/Big Lake for a ride in a couple weeks, but I'm having trouble verifying trail conditions and if there is still alot of snow there or not. I'd hate to drive there from WA just to find out that it's still snowed in.

Any info would be great, Thanks!

Edited by mikewrf18

Here's a link to the ODOT camera on Santiam Pass..

Santiam ODOT camera

My guess is that the open, sandy, areas will be clear of snow but anything in the shade will have big drifts in it. In a couple of weeks, who knows...

Here's a link to the ODOT camera on Santiam Pass..

Santiam ODOT camera

My guess is that the open, sandy, areas will be clear of snow but anything in the shade will have big drifts in it. In a couple of weeks, who knows...

Thanks firehunter for the reply and info. Unfortunately, I can't pull up any cams on this computer. I spoke to a friend today who said that a week ago there was about 4 feet of snow off the side of the road when going through the pass. Doesn't sound like it will be melted completely by then. Looks like I'll have to have a backup plan for another riding area near that location if it's still snowed in.

Don't let a ODOT cam trick you, still 75" of snow up there. If you want to ride bring a snowmobile not a dirt bike.

Maybe the last week of June or early July. Most years you can be riding up there now but we had record snowfall this year, much of it came late in the spring.

Also LOTS of the trails have been closed and riding is fairly limited up there now....