Sign in to follow this  

2011 crf 450 linkage

My 2011 crf 450 is not a very stable set up!

I already stiffed up the front end but the back side needs some help.

What's a better upgrade, an aftermarket knuckle or the arms on my linkage?

Or both?

I'm sure people on this board are getting sick of hearing me say this, but here it is.....

Before I even rode my 2011 I put the Merge Racing knuckle on it. I've got 18 hour on it now and love it. About a month ago my friend also bought an 11. He wanted to switch bikes to see the difference. I took a lap on his and pulled off, it actually felt dangerous. Not only was it unstable, but the front end would wander at the entrance to nearly every corner. He pulled off and said how much of a difference it made as well, and now he's got the knuckle on his. I honestly love the bike. I had an 09 at the end of 2008 and sold it after a month because I hated it. I decided to give honda one more chance after two years on green, and I'm glad I did. My list of mods are the knuckle, the RRS pressure springs in the front, .48 fork springs, FMF exhaust and a 6 spring clutch. I don't feel like I'll ever need to do another thing to the bike other than maintain it. Good luck!

I decided to give honda one more chance after two years on green, and I'm glad I did.

Curious, what do you see as some of the differences (better /worse), over your recent green bikes (I assume they were also 450s). What size/weight are you? Thanks.

I'm sure people on this board are getting sick of hearing me say this, but here it is.....

Before I even rode my 2011 I put the Merge Racing knuckle on it. I've got 18 hour on it now and love it. About a month ago my friend also bought an 11. He wanted to switch bikes to see the difference. I took a lap on his and pulled off, it actually felt dangerous. Not only was it unstable, but the front end would wander at the entrance to nearly every corner. He pulled off and said how much of a difference it made as well, and now he's got the knuckle on his. I honestly love the bike. I had an 09 at the end of 2008 and sold it after a month because I hated it. I decided to give honda one more chance after two years on green, and I'm glad I did. My list of mods are the knuckle, the RRS pressure springs in the front, .48 fork springs, FMF exhaust and a 6 spring clutch. I don't feel like I'll ever need to do another thing to the bike other than maintain it. Good luck!

Do you believe if you put the knuckle on the 09 you wouldve sold it?

Do you believe if you put the knuckle on the 09 you wouldve sold it?

It depends, I had a lot of bad luck with the 09 besides the handling. I had a leaky injector, was going through clutches, and put a rock through my cases among other things. Some of it was self inflicted so I'm not saying it's all the bike. I was racing every weekend and going to Loretta's and Kawasaki had a amazing contingency plan and trackside support in 09 so that factored into the decision as well.

If I would have put a 6 spring clutch, the knuckle, and had the CDI remapped when I first bought the 09, then I probably would have kept it. But with all the bad luck I had I just wanted a change.

Ok cuz I'm thinking about getting a new 09 and really only care about it turning n handling well. I know I'll have to beef up the clutch so I'm not worried about that but don't want to get a bike that can't be made to turn well. Really heard great things about that knuckle but never have rode one w it or one without.. Just want a lite flickable bike.

Thanx mxmat813 your advice was right on!

I just rode my 2011 crf 450 with the Framebreaker 6 spring clutch,

I got the merge race nuckle

remap from eddie

beefed up the front springs to .48 and a extra helping of fork oil,

got the sag at 108

forks flush on top,

Rides like a dream!!!!!

I can't wait to wake her up with a new pipe!