Sign in to follow this  

Loctite fixes

How long does it take to do the loctite fixes ... first time at it.

took me an hour probably, I was very careful and took my time.

If I had to do it again I could probably do all of them (stator, Main nut, sprocket) in about 30 mins.

I did it yesterday. took me about 10-20 minutes.

I assume your only talking about SOME of the loctite fixes. 20 min is a bit faster then I could do all of um.

Stator screws, starter gear/flywheel fasteners, primary nut, balancer nut, countershaft sprocket and nut.. About 2 hours All together..draining fluids, removing parts, scraping gaskets, doing loctite stuff, assembling, replacing fluids.

Ok, thanks.

I was only thinking of doing the ones that are in the FAQ (CS shaft sprocket, and Stator and starter clutch) , so I guess there's a little more to do on the right side of the engine ...

Is it necessary to remove the chain for the CS sprocket loctite fix? No master link available from my dealer for the 520 KZ0 stock chain.

And should I have seal, spacer, O ring and lock washer on hand just in case?

About 2 hours All together..draining fluids, removing parts, scraping gaskets, doing loctite stuff, assembling, replacing fluids.

Thats for a experienced mechanic. Im guessing a 8 hour day if Im lucky.

Is it necessary to remove the chain for the CS sprocket loctite fix? No master link available from my dealer for the 520 KZ0 stock chain.

After loosening the CS nut, move the wheel forward; take the chain off the rear sprocket, and you can then remove the chain from the counter shaft sprocket. No need to break the chain.

And should I have seal, spacer, O ring and lock washer on hand just in case?

I personally have the nut, lock washer, spacer, 2 seals and an O ring in my spares kit.. as you’ll not know what you need until you get it apart. The second seal is to cover “Opps” anything from you drop and step on it, to mangle it upon install. It just a few $, and for me, that is well spent to not have a partial job sitting on the lift until parts come in. I keep all those parts in a single Vacuum loc sealed bag.. for use on my on another’s.bike.

Just the Countershaft sprocket Loctite fix.???? 2-3 hours is a safe bet for the average home wrench assuming you have the tools and parts on hand.

Just the Countershaft sprocket Loctite fix.???? 2-3 hours is a safe bet for the average home wrench assuming you have the tools and parts on hand.

Research time ( how not to do it) , getting the loctite and borrowing a torque wrench (gotta get me one) and then finally doing it.. At least 8 hours.

Doing things for the first time can be a bit nerve racking for me.