Downieville

California

For those who have an interest in this "Hidden Gem" of a riding area....

May 30, 2011

TO: Interested Individuals

FR: Tim H. Beals

Planning Director

RE: Meeting with County Supervisors Adams and Huebner

Invitation to Attend

County Supervisor Lee Adams (current Chairman) and County Supervisor Peter Huebner (current Vice Chairman) are hosting an informal meeting with interested parties to discuss the US Forest Service-OHV Travel Management Plans for the Tahoe and Plumas National Forests. This meeting is being conducted on Tuesday evening, June 7, 2011 beginning at 5:00 pm in the Board of Supervisors Chambers, Sierra County Courthouse in Downieville.

Recently, a number of topics have taken “center stage” throughout northern California including the current ban on suction dredging, US Forest Service OHV Travel Management Plans, litigation commenced against the State of California regarding its annual OSV snow grooming program, mixed use of County and federal roads, invoking a coordination processes to engage federal agencies, amending the National Forest Planning Rules, and other related topics. Sierra County has been engaging in all of these issues and this June 7 meeting is an opportunity for an open discussion on the status of

each of these issues with particular focus on the US Forest Service-OHV Travel Management Plan planning process.

The Board of Supervisors has engaged discussions with the Regional Forester on the planning process and will be requesting that this process be reopened to allow further comment and suggesting possible reductions in the regulation. The current information that the County possesses on this program together with any new information derived from the June 7 meeting will provide a stronger basis for the request being forwarded to the Regional Forester. Please bring specific concerns to this meeting with page and reference to the existing US Forest Service OHV Travel Management Plan in order for the issues to be properly identified and addressed.

We would appreciate your attendance as it is the desire of the Board of Supervisors members and County staff to fully understand any continuing issues or concerns which may exist. It is also a goal to provide accurate information to those attending regarding the County’s involvement to date.

Thank you.

Thank you for the heads-up, I'll try to make the meeting.

bump

I won't make the meeting, but I will be up there Saturday for graduation and maybe some of the BOS members will be there to talk to.

Ill be there.

I can't make the meeting but Supervisor Huebner is my neighbor in Sierra City, I'll try to talk with him when I see him next.