LEO Vince Silencer - yz250

i'm about to order one guys. i just talked to Leo Vince and they do have the X3 silencer available for the yz250 2-stroke. i am currently running the q stealth and really have no complaints but the LEO vince is sick! man i really cant help myself. the list price is $169 which suprised me as i thought it would cost much more like the akrapovic pipes. talk me out of it fellas

they have em for the 125 too. for all you guys looking for a stealth 125

2-stroke silencer

Legend

Available

Model Type Availability

YZ 125 (2005)

YZ 125 (2006/2007)

YZ 125 (2008/2011)

YZ 250 (2002/2005)

YZ 250 (2006/2007)

YZ 250 (2008/2011)

I've had one for about 6 Months :ride: Had to drill the side panel though as the pipe would not let if fit properly!

nice!! what were you running before? hows the power? did you have to rejet? hows the packing life? is it quiet? any other gripes?

nice!! what were you running before? hows the power? did you have to rejet? hows the packing life? is it quiet? any other gripes?

I was running a HGS long pipe before, It is a slightly longer pipe than stock though mines a european model so the pipe is probably quite a bit longer than the u.s model, YZ's like long pipes theres no secrets there but i wouldn't say there was a massive increase it is a silencer after all, It seems to be fairly quiet and i haven't had to repack as yet, I didn't rejet either as the bike was already setup for a long pipe. You'll probably notice most YZ pipes look on the piss when looked at from behind, this look's dead straight which is the nuts in my opinion! the downside of this is for the rear mount is a 20mm spacer to keep it straight and give it wheel clearance, this caused a problem for me as it meant the silencer was holding the side panel off the bike around 15mm, the only way i could get over this was to drill a 20mm hole in the side panel to bring the bolt through, but as the mounting kit is so nicely made it didn't bother me. The pipe is Stainless Steel so the front of the pipe does not rust! However be vary carefull mounting the carbon straps as you can mark the glossy silencer finish quite easily however i havent notice any marks from usage with it as yet. Do you want some pics?

• Like 1

I was running a HGS long pipe before, It is a slightly longer pipe than stock though mines a european model so the pipe is probably quite a bit longer than the u.s model, YZ's like long pipes theres no secrets there but i wouldn't say there was a massive increase it is a silencer after all, It seems to be fairly quiet and i haven't had to repack as yet, I didn't rejet either as the bike was already setup for a long pipe. You'll probably notice most YZ pipes look on the piss when looked at from behind, this look's dead straight which is the nuts in my opinion! the downside of this is for the rear mount is a 20mm spacer to keep it straight and give it wheel clearance, this caused a problem for me as it meant the silencer was holding the side panel off the bike around 15mm, the only way i could get over this was to drill a 20mm hole in the side panel to bring the bolt through, but as the mounting kit is so nicely made it didn't bother me. The pipe is Stainless Steel so the front of the pipe does not rust! However be vary carefull mounting the carbon straps as you can mark the glossy silencer finish quite easily however i havent notice any marks from usage with it as yet. Do you want some pics?

thanks for the info man!! i'd love some pics. i am going to order one tonight. any spooge action with it?

thanks for the info man!! i'd love some pics. i am going to order one tonight. any spooge action with it?

A little at time's but certainly not excessive! but thats probably down to my jetting just been into the shed so give me two mins and they will be on, just noticed after removing the side panel its developed a small half moon shape from panel rub as most silencers have and the white tape on the lower mount was me trying to prevent it lower down, however the top didnt seem to need it but it obviously did!

I ha d mine imported from italy btw!!

I like the look, but I'm waiting until DrD put his stuff out there. I believe his pieces will be the best due to his extensive knowledge of the yz 250....probably no one knows more...from his testing background.

With that, I just bought a Leo Vince for my streetbike. Nice stuff and great quality.

looks sweet. thanks for the pics man! i ordered one earlier. $184 shipped. man i have a problem with dirt bike parts! i think the only way to get them in the states is if you call leo vince directly. probably much easier on your side of the pond.

I would love to hear a review and how its stacks up against the q-stealth :ride::worthy:[/quote

will do. i love my q stealth. my only complaint is short packing life. leo claims 50 hours between repacks. i might get 15 out of my stealth.

rodgini: are you running the stock pipe with the Leo??

i just ordered it but will run the gnarly for single track and the stocker for gnccs and mx which is what i currently do now with the stealth. i have a backyard mx track/trails so quiet is super important. hence the no 4-stroke rule @ my house:banana: