Sign in to follow this  

Texas 24 hour race in Texas

Me and my brother were looking at entering this race. Now it looks like it will not happen. :ride:

Anyways... looks like it will be a blast. Otis always puts on great events...

I'm debating getting into this race....seems like it will.be a blast but it doesn't look like its getting many hits

Seems like a blast just wish the event let you change bikes between riders. That is the main reason for my team not competing. I'd hate to put 24 hours of ride time on my bike :ride:

Looks like a healthy dose of pain. If it were my brand new race I guess I might try to post a video of the trail and get the mailing lists from the other 24 hour events to promote it. I think I'll go Ironman it if I am free of injury.

At first I thought this would be good fun, but I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. A 24 mile loop is a long loop for that kind of race IMO. Bike breakdowns 12 miles from start = a mess. There's probably gonna be bikes stranded everywhere needed towing back to camp.

Hopefully it all goes well though.

24 mile loops are sweet! The track doesn't get beat up. There's less dust and a whole lot less passing too. Just because it's 24 miles long, doesn't mean neccessarily that any part of it is far away from the pit.

At first I thought this would be good fun, but I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. A 24 mile loop is a long loop for that kind of race IMO. Bike breakdowns 12 miles from start = a mess. There's probably gonna be bikes stranded everywhere needed towing back to camp.

Hopefully it all goes well though.

Some one with a quad and a small trailer could make some money during this. :ride: