Sign in to follow this  

inner fork tube markings

hey guys been off line for a week and its nice to be back online and on thumper talk...i also have a problem lol...i have these black vertical discoloration marks on the front of my inner fork tubes,i searched this and only found one posting with no real answer about what causes them or if i can get the marks off,admitedly i havent tried to clean them off its been a very busy week at work and havent had time to work on my bike at all...my fork seals arnt leaking at all...yet...any feed back on this would be great i might have a chance to work on my bike tomorrow but if not sunday for sure, thanks fellas

hey guys been off line for a week and its nice to be back online and on thumper talk...i also have a problem lol...i have these black vertical discoloration marks on the front of my inner fork tubes,i searched this and only found one posting with no real answer about what causes them or if i can get the marks off,admitedly i havent tried to clean them off its been a very busy week at work and havent had time to work on my bike at all...my fork seals arnt leaking at all...yet...any feed back on this would be great i might have a chance to work on my bike tomorrow but if not sunday for sure, thanks fellas

Worn fork bushings.

ok thanx...will the black wear lines clean off or is that the plating wearing off the tube?

ok thanx...will the black wear lines clean off or is that the plating wearing off the tube?

Plating wearing off the tube, if you can't scratch it with your fingernails and remove it.

dohhh!!!!that sucks...i ll find out in the morning i guess

What did you find?? Can you post a pic? I don't have that issue, but would like to know in event it crops up.

Thanks.

Dave

havent had a chance to work on my bike and my cameras broke so i cant post a pic,but if you type *pic*black streaks on inner fork tube you should get a linkk to someone that had the same issue and then a link to how you get the marks off....i hope...