Chad Reed Video

They are 2 very different cultures and sometimes Americans just don't get Australians.
Absolutely. And it's often impossible to explain. I'm not suggesting either culture is right/wrong/better.

Around Americans I often feel awkward like I have to be careful of what I say for fear of offending someone. In such company, it's possible for an Australian (or Kiwi) to be so careful, but it can feel so tiring and un-natural, compared to a relaxed environment where anyone says anything, and it just works.

What an Aussie says to help an friend, and American or Canadian might typically only say to someone they hate. That might seem so absurd, but the message depends on what both people are used to.

On the podium and in interviews, Chad just says how it is. Often his ego comes out, but so what. Other times he says it how it is. Words to the effect of: I have unbreakable confidence in my skills, but my bike was not working the way I needed.

Not directly relevant to things Chad says or does, but ... I loved that scene in Crocodile Dundee, where the woman is seeing a head shrink in NY, and Paul Hogan tells her that in his little home town of Walkabout Creek, if you have a problem, you just tell Wally, then Wally tells everyone, and then you don't have a problem any more. That was beautiful, and often so true, in Australia.

btw: That Kidman movie "Australia" was an embarrassment.

I used to not like Chad at all but he has been growing on me the last couple of years. I am hoping he wins the outdoors and puts a hurting on RV (the outdoors goat to some swingers on here).

Absolutely. And it's often impossible to explain. I'm not suggesting either culture is right/wrong/better.

Around Americans I often feel awkward like I have to be careful of what I say for fear of offending someone. In such company, it's possible for an Australian (or Kiwi) to be so careful, but it can feel so tiring and un-natural, compared to a relaxed environment where anyone says anything, and it just works.

What an Aussie says to help an friend, and American or Canadian might typically only say to someone they hate. That might seem so absurd, but the message depends on what both people are used to.

the way I or does, but ... t.

You nailed it 100%, grew up in the south pacific, went to school with Aussies( yup did the old NSW HSCs). Spent yrs offending my Canadian and american relatives and friends before I partially figured it out... Still occasionally feel like giving them a blast of my Aussie influenced mind:thumbsup:.

Chad has been a refreshing influence, in my mind, and it has been a pleasure watching his career unfold.:ride:

such an awesome video. an even better rider. CR is truly inspiring. even though he didnt win this season it doesnt matter, this season wont go down as the season rv won the title, it will be known as the season that CR showed what a true motocross rider is made of. good job chad and good luck outdoors!?:ride: