Sign in to follow this  

Homemade hurricane kit for yz's?

Ok so here is what i was thinking. Nobody seems to make a hurricane kit or yellow plastic for newer yz's anymore. So my question is has anybody tried the dye trick on a white fender with yellow dye? I'm thinking if i can get a old crappy white fender for a test subject i'd give it a try, but i just thought i'd ask first.

Race Tech in Italy makes yellow plastics. There's a thread here somewhere specifically focused on the rear fender, which has a slightly slicker shape than stock, but you could probably get all of them through that network.

Good idea on trying the yellow dye. I think the trick would be in getting all the parts the same shade.

Even if they were all in the same vat they may color at different speeds. :ride:

Racetech (Italy) makes yellow plastic (they call it Yamaha 50 -- the anniversary color) for the '02-'11 YZs, but you have to order the pieces separately and shipping costs from Europe are high. Good catch, FRECNDY!

http://www.racetech.it/catalogo/ITA2010_low.pdf

Dang too about that shipping price I'd do that otherwise. I think i'll give it a try anyways as soon as i can get some crappy plastic to test with. I'm a little worried the shades, but that's what testing is for. We have an extra 40 gallon water tank for our cows, so i could easily get all the plastic in one tank so that should help with shading. I was also thinking if it goes good with a test piece, I would get all the plastic by the same brand and that should help with shade too. A whole bunch of dye tough and crazy amounts of boiling water, but if it works it would totally be worth it.

...I'm a little worried the shades, but that's what testing is for...
It sounds like you have a good handle on this. :ride:

Keep us in the loop! :lol:

That is gonna be tough to get 40 gallons of water to remain boiling. Are you going to build a fire under the tank or something?

We have some like 7 gal pots for canning food so if i can do two at a time hopefully i can do if fast enough. Our oven is pretty good at boiling water too so we'll see. And i've now got a test piece so I'll keep you guys posted and if it goes good hopefully some pics.

I just looked on ebay and found yellow radiator shrouds and a yellow rear fender plus full hurricane graphics kits, all made by One Industries (like mine)...why waste your time trying to make them???

search "One industries yz" and you will find them.

I've seen the rear fender and graphics already, didn't see the shrouds before. I wouldn't make them if i could find all the yellow plastic i can't a tank or front fender. Maybe a black tank would work instead of yellow?

go on bike picks dot com and look up elevn yz 250 under pete collins, thats mine its sick K-RAE grafix did the kit if you look you will see that they also did the 09 i had i would post pic here but i cant figure it out

UFO stopped listing yellow as an option for the YZ 2 strokes a couple of years ago....

i have a 2000 yz and am having the same issues. i cant seem to find yellow or orange plastics for it. I have a graphics and sticker machine and can make my own graphics, and orange is my favorite color. so i really wanted to do something cool with orange and black. like a orange black and white camo or something. that would be sick.

still looking though. UFO doesnt give me any options for yellow plastics, maybe it will for your year. im starting to like your idea of custome. might be time to go buy some ink!

i have a 2000 yz and am having the same issues. i cant seem to find yellow or orange plastics for it. I have a graphics and sticker machine and can make my own graphics, and orange is my favorite color. so i really wanted to do something cool with orange and black. like a orange black and white camo or something. that would be sick.

still looking though. UFO doesnt give me any options for yellow plastics, maybe it will for your year. im starting to like your idea of custome. might be time to go buy some ink!

The orange plastics you speak of was a kit made by acerbis. I think they stopped making them in 2001. They are pretty rare. They show up on ebay every now and then but they are usually pretty beat up. I think there is a set on there right now actually.

The orange plastics you speak of was a kit made by acerbis. I think they stopped making them in 2001. They show up on ebay every now and then but they are usually pretty beat up. I think there is a set on there right now actually.

what did you search. im searching yz250 plastics and dont see anything. shit even if they are beat up, i can polish my ass off.

what did you search. im searching yz250 plastics and dont see anything. shit even if they are beat up, i can polish my ass off.

Look up 01 yz125 they will also fit your bike.