Bring back the CR250!

Wouldn't you love to see the FMX crowd on Huskys? It could happen if BMW would give 'em another choice between Katooms & Yammies? I personally would like one for blasting around my local track! Drop the flywheel weight, remap the ignition, & change tranny ratios in the WR250 & we have a legit 250 MX smoker.:ride:

As far as I know, the WR 250 has the same engine as the CR 250 including the trans, besides the ignition and fly wheel. If you look at the new Husky NA site, the WR and CR 150's have the same gear ratio as well.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/index.php

I don't know that husky ever put a different trans in their off-road bikes. My WXC is the same as a WXE sans the headlight/tail light.

I'd go buy a WR250 and take the headlight/tail-light off and blast around the track. I need a newer 360 though, the 250 isn't quite enough for me.

Husky appears to be getting out of 2 strokes their line-up is almost all 4 stroke bikes.

A big bummer, their bikes are excellent and the 2 strokes WR's are GREAT.

You can thank the 'green movement' and the EPA for the death of the 2 stroke.

WR250's from early 00's had real 5 speed wide ratio trannys. Have my '00 geared down from 14/48 to 13/50 to tighten it up, works pretty good, better than the current tranny which is really the CR tranny from the same time period. Best tranny is the six speed from the 90's, fit to both 250 and 360. It's an easy conversion to a late bike, cases are the same.

So, if you want a current CR, just get yourself a CR ignition and flywheel from the early 00's, bolt er' on and go racing. About a year ago MXA did a great article hopping up a 300 for MX.

WR250's from early 00's had real 5 speed wide ratio trannys. Have my '00 geared down from 14/48 to 13/50 to tighten it up, works pretty good, better than the current tranny which is really the CR tranny from the same time period. Best tranny is the six speed from the 90's, fit to both 250 and 360. It's an easy conversion to a late bike, cases are the same.

So, if you want a current CR, just get yourself a CR ignition and flywheel from the early 00's, bolt er' on and go racing. About a year ago MXA did a great article hopping up a 300 for MX.

Except MXA tried to tell us that the Husky's WR line was a wide ratio tranny.

You can thank the 'green movement' and the EPA for the death of the 2 stroke.

No, that actually had VERY little to do with it. The AMA is mostly to blame, with their rules that gave fourstrokes a double-displacement advantage. A twostroke is still 40% more powerfull per cc, weighs less, is cheaper and more reliable. Next in line on the blamegame list is we, the consumers. Yup, you and me. We flocked out and bought fourstrokes.

If we stopped buying fourstrokes and everyone went yami and ktm for 2t MX bikes, EVERY manufacturer would step back in.

My '01 CR250 was the best bike I've ever owned, hands down. That thing was dialed, and I dominated on it. Sigh.

No, that actually had VERY little to do with it. The AMA is mostly to blame, with their rules that gave fourstrokes a double-displacement advantage. A twostroke is still 40% more powerfull per cc, weighs less, is cheaper and more reliable. Next in line on the blamegame list is we, the consumers. Yup, you and me. We flocked out and bought fourstrokes.

If we stopped buying fourstrokes and everyone went yami and ktm for 2t MX bikes, EVERY manufacturer would step back in.

My '01 CR250 was the best bike I've ever owned, hands down. That thing was dialed, and I dominated on it. Sigh.

I did not buy the 4 stroke bikes, they gernade at sustained high rpm and have low re-sale since everyone knows they are a roll of the dice in being expensive.

I do not understand why Husky is not making for 2 stroke bikes, the 4 strokes are 'tall, top heavy, hard to start and not reliable'.

I cannot stand the feel of them, the weight up top and tank feel.

Like a 250 2 stroke, it has a low center of gravity, reliable and you can actually resale it and buy another one. Or keep and it buy another.