5 weeks and counting

broke my thump 5 weeks ago sunday (the 1st i think it was). Wasn't cleared to ride, but was supposed to with my friend, and he, yet again, ditched so I can't go ride... so frustrated! I feel like I wasted the $ i spent on my new bike=(

anyone else ever been in a similar situation? What did you do to help that super need :ride: to ride? every time i go by my bikes in my garage i become a sad panda for a few minutes! I just want to ride, and now it's goign to be 7 weeks before I get to ride!!! buddy's moving next weekend, then me the next

argh, sorry to rant guys! just hoping i'm not the only one who's been in a situation like this! love riding, i live for it!

Pretty much just suck it up and do your physical therapy when you're scheduled for it. You really don't want to re-break your thumb. I went through the same stuff a few years ago - fractures, dislocations - it was a real jonesfest >.<

Friend of mine rode a dirtbike he borrowed from another buddy for the first time since we were teenagers. On the very first ride he got sideways over a jump and ended up breaking his arm. Went out and bought a brand new bike 2 weeks later :ride:

I've got a 2011 250 FI in my garage just sitting there. Granted I usually ride my 125 at friends private tracks, going to ride an OP tomorrow and have to ride my 125. Kind of sucks having a brand new bike with 5 hours on it that has a broken TPS that the dealer hasnt gotten in yet. Not to mention thats one less week of racing because 150 went to fixing the darn thing.

I've got a 2011 250 FI in my garage just sitting there. Granted I usually ride my 125 at friends private tracks, going to ride an OP tomorrow and have to ride my 125. Kind of sucks having a brand new bike with 5 hours on it that has a broken TPS that the dealer hasnt gotten in yet. Not to mention thats one less week of racing because 150 went to fixing the darn thing.

yea, read your thread. sorry to hear man, hope you get the new bracket and whatever else you're going to do for it!

i love my 125, too. its just so much damn fun!.. stupid hand, heal! hah

Friend of mine rode a dirtbike he borrowed from another buddy for the first time since we were teenagers. On the very first ride he got sideways over a jump and ended up breaking his arm. Went out and bought a brand new bike 2 weeks later :ride:

a jump? hahaha it was a 5th gear pinned jump that hardly got any air.. hahaha Got sideways is an understatement.. He just got flat out wacko on that one..

Good times!!!!!!

Two years ago I broke and dislocated my right thumb.....It was in a metal split for almost two months.....During that time I did race......I just taped the crap out of it...took alot of ibuprofen and sucked it up......just do it........

Two years ago I broke and dislocated my right thumb.....It was in a metal split for almost two months.....During that time I did race......I just taped the crap out of it...took alot of ibuprofen and sucked it up......just do it........

Semi-on topic (on my end), but you brought up a good point. There was a fairly large study on bone healing with NSAID use (ibuprofen is an NSAID), suggesting that they interfere with fracture healing. Here's one link that references it, there are many others: http://www.arthritis.org/nsaids-fracture-healing.php Other studies have looked at NSAID use and soft tissue repair (muscles, tendons, ligaments) with similar results. Here's a page that references them: http://www.caringmedical.com/sports_injury/nsaids.asp

Anyway, more on point, I stopped taking Ibuprofen or Norco (Ibuprofen+Codeine) for injuries. I think that it's fine for non-injury aches and pains (like headaches and stiff necks). Since Acetaminophen (Tylenon) doesn't seem to have this effect, it's what I use (or Vicodin - Tylenol + Codeine) after an injury. The downside is that pain control with Acetaminphen doesn't seem to be nearly as good as with Ibuprofen (IMO), studies seem to support that too: http://www.wellsphere.com/healthcare-industry-policy-article/ibuprofen-bests-acetaminophen-codeine-for-pediatric-arm-fracture-pain/849776

Sorry if this got off track - figured it was worth saying.