2010 530 exc 1 year later.

So after one year of using my 530 to commute to work 8 miles each way a day I thought Id post a few things. Engine and Tranny oil changed right around 300 miles. Bike now has 1030 miles on it and 30 hours. Valves checked and never adjusted. Still has stock tires with about half the tread on them. Be interested to see how long the valves last before I need a valve job. I hope it last longer than my stupid Honda.

Edited by htrdmx55

So after one year of using my 530 to commute to work 8 miles each way a day I thought Id post a few things. Engine and Tranny oil changed right around 300 miles. Bike now has 1030 miles on it and 30 hours. Valves checked and never adjusted. Still has stock tires with about half the tread on them. Be interested to see how long the valves last before I need a valve job. I hope it last longer than my stupid Honda.

a dealer here in town has a 08 530EXC with 10k miles on it...10k miles!!!:ride:

I have an 08 530exc with 11,000km and 297hrs. Has just started using a bit of oil so I will put a new piston kit in it. Valves have had one size change on the inlets at 120hrs & have not moved since.

OP or any of the others, any one have cush hubs on??? Not looking to start that debate just curious what other road using EXC owners have on the bikes.

I bought a left over 2010 exc this spring, didnt think i would use it that much on the road but as it turns out i am. Couple of times a week I use it to get to work, only 20 mins, but much more fun then the pick up. Also, driving it to trails etc. It came with the z-start pro, maybe that would be easier on the tranny.

cheers

i have been using my 525 as a daily driver for 4 years. the bike now has a little over 450 hrs on it and just shy of 20,000 miles. it goes trail riding at least once a month. i dont have a cush hub, i just take it easy on the shifting, like its a street bike. im sure it helps that its got proper knobbies on it. it gets an oil change once a month, filters every other. still has stock piston, valves, and clutch.