Sign in to follow this  

Ft/fs 1986 xt 600 nj

I bought this bike 6 months ago did some work on it but no longer have the time to finish it. I have replaced the fork seals, the battery, rear brake pads. The tires are brand new and the wheels are in great shape. I cleaned the carbs and the bike runs but needs some fine tuning. There is a small oil leak, the source of which I have not found yet (no time). I would rather see someone who loves these bikes get it and do not want to part it out if I can help it. I also replaced the front and rear sprockets. I haven't started the bike in a while but have kept the battery charged. I have a clean title and can email pics on request. I have no time with family, work and getting back into cycling. I would be interested in trading for a good European bicycle road frame or complete bike or a good quality fixie. I will also accept any reasonable cash offer. I am 6ft tall as a reference for any bike/frame you may have. Thanks

If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move to the appropriate place on the forum.

Edited by ardbeglily

If this doesn't sell in the next day or two I will break it and sell the parts. I hate to do this but I need to get rid of it. Thanks

Before you do that: post it on craigslist. I buy a lot of stuff off of there. Anything needed to make it work? What I'm asking is how much more to make it road ready? I have a associate that may be interested. You can PM me with details if you like, along with where in NJ you are. I have a few too many bikes myself, but perhaps can get yours sold for you.