Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

'11 Baja 500 picture thread - bikes AND quads

Here's unedited pictures of the bikes off the pavement, and into the wash as they head out of town (I'm no prof. photog, and didn't realize I was on the wrong setting until a few minutes into snapping the action - sorry lead bikes! I'll get ya on the return inbound!!)

(207 photos, be sure to click on the arrows... < and > to browse the photos);

dsc0150w800h531-M.jpg

Direct link; http://johnnyairtime.smugmug.com/SCORE-Racing/2011-Baja500/17378835_qpVc9M

If you want high-res copies of any of these... send me an email at; <TT UserName>@gmail.com ... :ride:

... Quads

dsc0272w800h531-M.jpg

Direct Link; http://johnnyairtime.smugmug.com/SCORE-Racing/2011-Baja500-Quads/17378845_3DBTb2

Edited by johnnyairtime

Went out and snapped some of the TTs and Class1s, as well as some class 10. Practicing with my "new to me" DSLR. Boooy, do I have a LOT to learn! :ride:

For those curious...

Trucks;

dsc0598w800h531-S.jpg

Buggies;

smaller-3w800h531-S.jpg

How about a "crazy" entry.... "5150" ... a race Ambulance! With EMTs onboard, and will assist if necessary even though they are entrants in the race. Now this is what racing Baja is (or used to be more of) all about, AND having fun!!

(click on the pic for more)

dsc0723w800h531-M.jpg

dsc0723w800h531-M.jpg

That is awesome!!!:ride:

I don't have time, but am going to come back and check out all your pics tonight... Thanks for the action!!!

You could almost call it a "photo finish" physically... however, of course.... this isn't calculating race start/finish times or possible penalties. STILL... AMAZING after almost 500 miles;

Here, 0x and 1x come in HOT through the wash... 10x minutes behind;

click on photo for more photos

dsc0742w800h531-M.jpg

How about a "crazy" entry.... "5150" ... a race Ambulance! With EMTs onboard, and will assist if necessary even though they are entrants in the race. Now this is what racing Baja is (or used to be more of) all about, AND having fun!!

(click on the pic for more)

dsc0723w800h531-M.jpg

Reminds me of the motorhome class in the early 70's. How did they do?

Reminds me of the motorhome class in the early 70's. How did they do?

Man you wanna hear something funny....

We're packing up MAG7 Pit #2 at RM105 and it's late...we're tying stuff down to head out and woo, woo, wooo....you hear sirens coming down the course...:ride: Race #5150...

I'm like, "are you f'ing kidding me?" We heard those guys broke, really early on. AND there's like nobody on course at this point...So they go flying by....just having a great time headed towards the summit.

About 45 minutes later we're talking to the 500X chase crew just about to head out towards HWY3 - and #5150's chase crew is looking for their ride, I guess expecting it to be broken again. They're like, "you seen 5150...It's an ambulance" (like they needed to mention that) :lol: We tell them , "yea it blew by about 40 minutes ago headed towards the summit at a good clip"

Reply from chase crew =

"REALLY?" :lol:

I couldn't stop lauging... Talk about having confidence in your vehicle....

Those drivers were having a blast. I hope they finished.

Edited by Dane LaFontaine

I guess those Doctors (yes, they are doctors in that Ambulance) made it pretty far before the tranny gave up on them... I think I heard RM185 or so.

For it to have conquered the summit, it just goes to show what can be done in such a top heavy... yet equipped 4x4.

... I was also happy to hear a class11 made it in this AM (before cut off time). And to think, all the UTVs that started none finished (again). The Ambulance had it's share of passing to do too... as it was the VERY last off the line. Almost as if it was "Sweep" for the course. :ride:

5150... Man that had me confused all day. Nice pic, I stole it! My boy is EMT in Nevada with a nurse wife..... future project perhaps for them. Ha.

mtz

5150... Man that had me confused all day. Nice pic, I stole it! My boy is EMT in Nevada with a nurse wife..... future project perhaps for them. Ha.

mtz

There's many more if you click on the picture posted! And by all means, take a copy... they're free! :ride:

Hey Danny, were you at that spot with the small washout / g out at/near RM 105? Did you see the bikes come through?

Hey Danny, were you at that spot with the small washout / g out at/near RM 105? Did you see the bikes come through?

Every time I hear "Hey Danny"...I get jonseing to watch Caddyshack.... :ride:

I know it's not a bike... But these Class 11 guys are just nuts... RM105

class11.jpg\\

Probably need a complete internal organ transplant after 500 miles in one of those things....

204X... The rider coming into the wash was all about style, and that... he did have. Nice wheelie!!

dsc0439w800h531-M.jpg

And another, 272X... foot out, rippin' it for the crowd;

dsc0423w800h531-M.jpg

One and only to drop it on the slippery asphalt. Felt REALLY bad for the guy...

dsc0379w800h531-Th.jpg

But he came by, with a thumb up! :lol:

dsc0384w800h531-M.jpg

This just happens to be The Team of CPR. Rider was fast... probably fasted into the wash for the sportsman bikes (sandbaggin Chris?! :ride:)

dsc0356w800h531-M.jpg