XR Helmet cam thread

Interesting throttle cable routing. That '96 sounds like a new bike, obviously great maintenance. And quiet also. :thumbsup:

Thanks.....It has been a great bike, she is a tractor down in the low end. I don't ride it real hard, I treat it well as far as oil changes , air filters  cleaned and oiled as needed.. I have split the cases twice on it, once for a new bottom end bearings three years ago and just last fall for a shift shaft issue.  The throttle cables are routed the same as my other 2 xr400s just rolled toward the back a bit further. Stock muffler.

ITLKSEZ posted his video of our ride together a little while ago. Most of his footage was from later in the day. Here's my take on the ride with video from earlier in the day.

I've gotta say, I've had the privilege to ride with some great guys over the last month here in the Idaho panhandle. Two of which are fellow XR riders from this forum. I hope to come back next year, but I've played long enough and now I have to go work.

• Like 3

Here's my take on the ride with video from earlier in the day.

You really captured the essence of the importance of a saw out here. Like I said when I was having trouble with my saw... if we wanna ride, the saw is as important as the bike. 

I wish I could have devoted more time to riding while you were here. But, happy wife, happy life. :D  Next time....

• Like 1

Went out to try to recover a trail that was covered in slash from a crappy logging job...

I'd track down those slobs. Messy loggers make me irate.

4 tanks of saw gas on a trail that hasn't seen a human in many many years.

• Like 2

Looks like you had a great weekend. I went for a ride in eastern Oregon this weekend. Even though it was a good time, the ride I had with you in north Idaho set the bar to a height that I'm just not sure other places are going to be able to compete with.

If any of you get the chance, go riding with this guy! EPIC!

4 tanks of saw gas on a trail that hasn't seen a human in many many years.

http://youtu.be/8zOCAdb_4nI

Excellent video. Beautiful scenery. You were solo the entire time?!?! That's crazy! Out of curiosity, what were you carrying on the back of your bike?

Looks like you had a great weekend. I went for a ride in eastern Oregon this weekend. Even though it was a good time, the ride I had with you in north Idaho set the bar to a height that I'm just not sure other places are going to be able to compete with.

If any of you get the chance, go riding with this guy! EPIC!

That's pretty high praise when you didn't even get to ride the good stuff! I hope your new venture is working out well for you.

Here's the link to the whole story behind that trail:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27052940&postcount=127

Edited by ITLKSEZ

Excellent video. Beautiful scenery. You were solo the entire time?!?! That's crazy! Out of curiosity, what were you carrying on the back of your bike?

Volunteers are hard to come by when you mention "leaving home by 3:30" and "clearing hundreds of blowdowns". :D

My chainsaw mount is on the back.

• Like 1

Cool vids you guys have been posting, keep them coming!  

I'll leave you some whoops and sand riding and me on the floor   :lol:   

I weigh 145lbs and I'm still using the stock shock spring. Thats why the bike slapped me in the ass when I hit a 8" root with the rear wheel..

Edited by FChaves

This is from May this year. I had the chance to ride in North Idaho for a while before I started a new job. The last ride I did was a group ride with members of the Panhandle Trailriders Association. (PANTRA). It's one of those organizations that is making a difference out there with keeping lines of communication open with the local public officials and keeping riding areas open. It was a good group of guys. I had all of their names at one point, but it's been months since I did this, so I've forgotten them. I'm hoping to go back.

Anyway, I ended up with right at 4 hours of video from this day, and condensed it down to just under twenty minutes. There was a lot of good riding, and for the sake of time a lot of it ended up edited out. Hopefully I captured some of the best of what this area has to offer. Enjoy.

• Like 1

This is from May this year. I had the chance to ride in North Idaho for a while before I started a new job. The last ride I did was a group ride with members of the Panhandle Trailriders Association. (PANTRA). It's one of those organizations that is making a difference out there with keeping lines of communication open with the local public officials and keeping riding areas open. It was a good group of guys. I had all of their names at one point, but it's been months since I did this, so I've forgotten them. I'm hoping to go back.

Anyway, I ended up with right at 4 hours of video from this day, and condensed it down to just under twenty minutes. There was a lot of good riding, and for the sake of time a lot of it ended up edited out. Hopefully I captured some of the best of what this area has to offer. Enjoy.

:thumbsup:  Very jealous, that is some beautiful country! Great video.

I've been working in SE Washington over the summer and we've had a drought and fire restrictions which have kept me off the bike. We've had some cooler weather and rain, and I've finally had the chance to get out and ride again. I found a place in NE Oregon up the South Fork of the Walla Walla River called Harris Park. What a fun bunch of singletrack! I've had a blast the last 2 weekends getting a good dirt fix after so much time off. Here are some vids.

At about the 4 minute mark, this trail really starts to climb the side of the mountain.

Fast flowing trail

Good variety. Be careful of the drop offs!

• Like 2

Thread revival!! I haven't visited this area in a while.  :cheers:

Heres some XR400 footage from around the Idaho/Montana border.

Thread revival!! I haven't visited this area in a while.  :cheers:
Heres some XR400 footage from around the Idaho/Montana border.

I noticed a little bit of dirt on that pile of rocks you were riding on. Somebody better get up there and fix that!
  • Like 1