Powroll

Has anybody else had trouble with getting there parts back from Powroll.

been waiting 8 weeks for my stroker crank to come back. called about 10 time at all times of the day and get a busy signal. I know you guys are the best at what you do but you have to at least answer the phone and let your customers know what's the delay.

msgod

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting on parts too-right now cam and springs. This week makes 8 weeks I have been waiting.

I have tried calling last week and all this week and have not got anyone to answer the phone.

I hope everthing is ok there.

Tom

I never did get anyone on the phone. But did get a email from them saying the cams had a problem with the heat treatment and they hoped to get them ready real soon to ship. I found the email today and it was dated 6/10, I had tried calling the friday 3 or 4 times and never got a answer on the phone.

So I hope everthing is ok over at Powroll.

Tom

I know when the recession hit they had to reduce operations but kept the office staffed. They also do contract work and could be with one of their clients, and they sponsor a AHMRA Trials series so they may be on "vacation". I've found the best days are Monday and Tuesday.

I also had long lead time on my Torque cam, probably because the cams are made from scratch using new blanks rather than regrinding an OEM cam. I hope all is well as they have a long history of serving the offroad community.

Also when I first talked to Powroll-I was told it would be like a 5 week turnround time on my crank (to get it stroked) and maybe a little longer.

I told them to do what ever it took to make my crank good (like new) because mine is a 90 and as far as I can tell the center cases have neer been split before. My motor saw lots of abuse and little care before I got it.

Yes they maybe gone to the races or taking some time off. I do hope all is well with Powroll. When I spoke to them on the phone before they were real helpfull. And I know they have been round for a long time.

Tom

I finally did get a email yesterday. It said they had some problems with parts not being in specs. so they were correcting the problems and should be back on track this week. Its good to know that they will not ship a part if it's not perfect. Just would like to have a up date and like you guys said to make sure everything is ok with them.

I have the same Problem, they said they would send it out this week that was the 28th of march.

When i reach them (telephone, email) i always get a different answer, the last i heard from them, is it was send out in the week of 23 – 27 of may, when i try to track the package with the number they gave me, it always says There is no record of this item. Well they charged my card and have done nothing. I am really mad because they always have a different excuse.

I gave all my emails and telephone data to a lawyer, let him mess around with these people.

Sorry about my english. I'm from germany and sending my parts may take a little longer but not this long.

I have not been able to get them on the phone. And have not got any more emails from them. I have left my name and phone number and ask them to call me.

I do have cam and springs on order. And am wanting to order my piston. But I am now holding off till I speak with them. I hope to get my crank done by them also.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Well still no parts or contact from powroll 12 weeks and counting, and get this I was on Powroll web sight just now and they will be closed for 10 days and not shipping anything out. but will be accepting orders. Are you kidding me. They are acting like nothing is wrong with there operation, how can you close down your business with all these problems with Q/C and manufacturing. It just goes to show you that they don't care about there customers. and they have so much business that they can get away with that kind of attitude. If I could i would cancel my order and get my crank back. The only thing we can do as riders and customers is to NOT SUPPORT POWROLL. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that want our business. I've heard talk of going to Megacycle for cams and there has to be some shop out there that can do the stroker crank. any ways just venting. Starting to reassemble my engine with out stroker crank cause I WANNA RIDE

Well still no parts or contact from powroll 12 weeks and counting, and get this I was on Powroll web sight just now and they will be closed for 10 days and not shipping anything out. but will be accepting orders. Are you kidding me. They are acting like nothing is wrong with there operation, how can you close down your business with all these problems with Q/C and manufacturing. It just goes to show you that they don't care about there customers. and they have so much business that they can get away with that kind of attitude. If I could i would cancel my order and get my crank back. The only thing we can do as riders and customers is to NOT SUPPORT POWROLL. I'm sure that there are other companies out there that want our business. I've heard talk of going to Megacycle for cams and there has to be some shop out there that can do the stroker crank. any ways just venting. Starting to reassemble my engine with out stroker crank cause I WANNA RIDE

what mm stroke you looking for and for what motor?

Hi guys. I think I've probably talked to all of you at one point or another, I worked at Powroll for the past 15 years, and you are correct, there's problems.

The business is still a going concern, but they are limping along on a shoestring, getting product out as quickly as possible, but it's definitely not the fast turn around and good service you are used to.

I want to apologize for the massive delays, but mainly for the very poor communication you've been getting with the shop. I'm laid off right now, so Nicol is essentially a one-woman show in the office (answering phones, pulling orders, answering email, all the accounting, etc). Pete and Scott are the only ones working in the shop - one that still does everything on machines run not by computer, but by an expert hand.

If it were up to me (it's not, I don't own the place, I just work(ed) there), I'd be absolutely honest and up-front with everyone, and keep customer service as a priority, but then again, I'd have probably run the place into the ground way faster than what is happening right now!

For those of you who have parts at the shop that have been there for ages, and those who have paid for items which haven't shipped, I am truly sorry. I know these will eventually be completed and you will receive them. I trust Nicol, Scott, and Pete to do the right thing and make this happen.

I am VERY frustrated by what they are doing now though. I can't believe they are not answering the phone or email messages. I can't do much, but I can give you a direct phone number to the Powroll shop 541-548-2035. Please, please, just use this if you have items that have been paid for but you have not received yet, or for those of you who have crankshafts that are way overdue.

Also, I ask that you not mention where you got the number. I really want to help you out, but I also want my job back if the company survives this massive downturn.

I know you're all aware that the entire industry is hurting, but keep in mind that the industry is down 70% over what they were doing 5 years ago. There are very few GOOD aftermarket manufacturers left in the US, so please help us keep what's left around for a few more years. Please, if Powroll does survive this, don't hold it against them, and continue to support a great company that has been around since 1965.

Pam------:ride:

Thank you for posting. I spoke to you on the phone-week ago now. And thank you for taking the time to talk with me-you were a very big help. It was chuck from here who told me to talk to you. You were great with the up front info.?

I have parts ordered and am wanting to order more. Just can not get anyone to answer the phone now.

I wish you the best of going back to work at Powroll. And Powroll the very best with everthing.

Tom

• Experts

I too hope that Powroll recovers but I couldn't wait any longer. I had to purchase a cam from elsewhere. I have sent numerous emails and phone messages cancelling my order and requesting a refund to my CC. To date I have gotten no emails or phone calls to confirm my cancelled order. I did get a phone call from Nicol over a month ago saying my order would ship within days. I cancelled my order over 3 weeks ago and have had no word to date on confirmation. Sucks. I have in the past been a big supporter of Powroll. I worked with Pete to be the first to have a stroked XR250R and XR400R. I do have the stroked crank they did in my XR200 but the Powroll cam that was recommended to me (by another tuner)hasn't performed as it should have. Others who have used this setup were very happy. I can't get the bike to idle and runs very rich off idle. Runs great over half throttle. That is why I now want a torque cam. I had to order a Megacycle cam. I hope that Powroll contacts me soon. I have given up calling them as I was calling them 20 times a day with no luck for weeks. I am surprise they are working on a shoestring as Pete had told a friend of mine that they were backed up from all the vintage racer work they were doing. So what gives ?

Hi Dwight, of all our good loyal customers, you're one of the best. I am so sorry about the problem getting your money back. Try calling and talking to Scott at the number listed above, or call Pete on the tech line at 541-923-0017. I don't know how often Pete is in his office, but if you leave a message with your name, I'm certain he'll call you back (this won't work for most people, Pete won't usually call anyone back unless it's someone he knows, or someone connected with a current R&D project).

I think the cam you had was the 12719? or was it the 12714? I've never been a fan of the 719 grind too much top end, and not enough in the rpm range that's the 200's sweet spot. The 714 is okay with a bunch of compression and a small carb, but it's still a bit soft on the bottom for my taste.

I know we talked ages ago, and I said I really love the 701 grind, I really think it's the best of all worlds for a stroked 200. Pete likes the 714 better.

The Megacycle cam will be close to our torque grind, but the lobe centers are more straight up (I think ours are kicked about 5 degrees?? Can't remember exactly). I've honestly never ridden a stroker engine with the megacycle version of the cam, so I don't know if there's that much difference between the two.

Give Scott a call, then Pete - one of the two will get your money refunded.

In regards to the back up with Vintage projects, maybe Pete was talking about the Trackmaster frames? Most of his time is spent with this side of the business right now.

• Experts

Yes, It was the #12719N cam. Brad & Chuck normally run this cam advanced to bring the power in lower. I have talked to several that use this cam with great results but Chuck wonders if it has changed. I am a torque nut anyway so I wanted to go back to torque cam. I will give them a call later today.

Thanks again,

Dwight