Air Screen Removal Kit

Does anyone here have this kit? Who makes it and where can I get it?

Does anyone know what i'm talking about?

Taking the screen out of the air filter base to allow more air into the carb & the kit comes with a non-flammable air filter.

apparently not steve

However I know what I am talking about and I will ask

What are you talking about :D

Serious

I dont know anything about a removal kit but the topic is heated topic. I would not recommend removing the screen it is a reverse osmosis spark arrester. :)

Hope to see ya monday

I cut the screen off with a knife and also trimed off the sharp edges to enhance air flow. It did make a big difference and I never had any problems in 7500 Kms (4600 miles). It never backfires as it's well jetted and I use a UNI air filter with Maxima FFT synthetic filter oil...

steve

Are you talking about the twin air filter and cage?If so heckler just got one and if we ride this weekend i'll have him post here how he likes it.

Blue,

If that cage has no screen on it, thats what i'm talking about. Before I headed out to Stoney Ford this past weekend, I was talking to my neighbor who used to race super and outdoor MX's. He is the 1 who told me about this kit. Just didnt catch the name of it.

I cut the screen off with a knife and also trimed off the sharp edges to enhance air flow. It did make a big difference and I never had any problems in 7500 Kms (4600 miles). It never backfires as it's well jetted and I use a UNI air filter with Maxima FFT synthetic filter oil...

Steve, after you cut it out use some sandpaper to smooth the edges. They can be sharp when you need to wipe out the airbox for routine maintenance.

Ya but it won't fit a wr450.

I think it made by Twin Air. The inside of the filter is made of flame retardent foam. So in case of backfire you don't catch fire. I believe Motocross action had a write up in Their April 2003 issue. They gave it the :). I personallly don't know anyone who has used it.