Fmf q4

Anyone have the q4 exaust with power bomb header would lime to here what u guys think of this exaust thanks

Probably the quietest aftermarket full system available....better than stock , but a long way off the Mrd or yosh Ti...

If noise is not a major issue I would do what the previous posts suggested...

To get performance from a Drz you will need to improve the intake and exhaust gas flow...And to accomplish this you will need to make some noise...

Well noise is a problem and I do realize it may no be as good a yoshi or mrd I got the whole thing for 25O brand knew so...

I call BS that the FMF "may not be as good." FMF owns the off road market end of story.

Sounds like you scored to me and glad you're sound conscious. We need more people like you!

• Like 1

I call BS that the FMF "may not be as good." FMF owns the off road market end of story.

Sounds like you scored to me and glad you're sound conscious. We need more people like you!

please post your dynos on the fmf exh system being as good as a mrd/ssw or yosh trc ti for the drz.there has been a lot of testing here to back up the statements.the fmf system is like any other mediocre off the shelf system.

after a few months of checking this forum for exhaust ideas looks like the ssw/mrd blows everything out of the water in performance but the powerbomb setup will help while keeping it a little quieter/cheaper:thumbsup:

powerbomb q4 looks awesome! if i had enough cheddar to buy a full system thats what i would get because i am not interested in the extreme noise gains. Leaving my house early every day for work and riding through some 'you know' trails areas, the qiueter the better. I read a writeup daying that the q4 adds nice low to mid gains.

**Dont hate, i understand there are better top end/full/loud as **** awesome perfdormance systems our there, but if noise is an issue the q4 is what i would be looking at, plus with a deal like that go for it!

I believe the MRD/SSW or a full yosh are the best performing exhausts for a drz400. They are also around 100db which will get ya at least kicked out if not ticketed of any OHV park or blm/nfs land around here. So they really aren't an option, at least for me and lots of folks. MRD says the their standard system is 96db which is the max db allowed. It will perform better than the fmf Q but is louder (and costs more). I really am up in the air if I'm gonna change the exhaust or not. I wish someone would actually make a performance pipe under 94db (the AMA Max). It can be done but it would be big and ugly.

I have the powerbomb/Q4. Definitely an improvement over stock. A little louder than stock, but not obnoxious (MRD). I have a Harley, a Buell and a DRZ. Louder pipes save lives, but they also get riding areas shut down...

Well I went and picked up the q4 system still in the box lmao what a deal installed just the mufer for now as I do not have a jet kit will be ordering one today sound alot better than stock not load at idle but give it a rev and it sounds awesome not to noisy but noisy enough

please post your dynos on the fmf exh system being as good as a mrd/ssw or yosh trc ti for the drz.there has been a lot of testing here to back up the statements.the fmf system is like any other mediocre off the shelf system.

since your post implies you've seen dyno comparing the fmf bomb system, how about you post them up? :ride:

We are not attempting to imply that that FMF is a bad pipe, just the fact the SSW MRD is a better one...

I run an Fmf powercore 4 S/O on my E....and find it to be very adequate for general off road riding, where I am mainly riding in low/mid range rpm's...

I had a fmf pc4 on my E but got kicked out of three riding areas because of the dbs. It put out more power than the Q but so what if ya can't ride anywhere. I would like to see dyno charts on stock, Q, SSW standard, and any other good pipe that is under 96dbs. I am planning Hotcams, and big bore (94mm) on my S.

I have the full FMF Q4/powerbomb header & JD jetting on my 04 DRZs.

Very quiet and big improvement over the stock setup.

On my son's 06 DRZs, i've got the stock header/exhaust, end cap from flea-bay

that removes all the exhaust baffles and Dynojet stage 2 jetting.

It's alot louder, but not over the top.

They both work really well.

You scored a great deal and saved money for other needed improvements!!!