Sign in to follow this  

Riding on your own...

hey guys, im thinking of going riding by myself tomorrow.

its at a MX park about 1.5 hours away. there wont be many people there being a weekday (monday). but i want to get some practice in.

the park is large. like 2000 acres large. so staff arent always around.

anyway. do you guys ever go on your own? if so are there any precations you make / take?

i'll be taking water and a UHF. (the park has dedicated channel for emergencys)..

where abouts in aus is it? and also, all i can say is, take water, some snacks, and a small bandage. its abit hard to have all that on a track but do your best.

Emu Creek Extreme Retreat.. its near tabulam? 2 hours from Byron Bay.

you know it?

I ride alone quite a bit and like it that way. Just use your head and don't go at it wfo and enjoy the solitude.:ride:

i ride alone like 85% of the time i ride,as mentioned above just ride smart,take water and some snacks,i always have my cell phone with me rapped in a rag,though most of the time im riding where theres no cell service

Good to hear some of you still ride alone. I grew up riding by myself. Just recently I was riding alone in a fairly popular riding spot when I couple of guys asked if I was by myself. When I replied that I was they looked at me like I had just committed murder or something.

People always know where I am, I always have my cell phone and water, and I never ride over my head even when I am with people. I think the never ride alone mentality, while excellent advice in certain situations, has brainwashed a lot of people. It's gotten to the point in some cases that I have felt unwelcome on public land if I am by myself.

I try to never ride alone...you never know when that one rabid deer is gonna jump out in front of you on that nice long, narrow straight stretch.

I carry tools, water and a small first aid kit in the camelback, along with a snack (diabetic stuff if my younger son is riding with us). The best thing I carry is "spot", the satellite GPS messenger. My wife bought it for me when I go riding myself or with the kids. I don't spark the beast without it.:ride:

I'd rather ride with others, but if no one can or wants to ride, I don't let that stop me. I'm off to the woods anyway, without a second thought.:ride:

Same here. I ride right from home often so if I can squeak in a hr somewere in the day, I'm not going to be waiting around for someone else to ride with.

I like to ride alone. The solidtude is one reason I ride.

This! ... But, I do ride a quite a bit faster when there's someone else with me. I figure, meh, if things go too bad one of us should still be able to seek some help.

The solo tips have been great so far; snacks, water and such. I carry a small first aid kit, too. And since there's zero cell phone signal anywhere I ride, I also carry a hand-held GPS with built-in radio (Garmin 120).