Sign in to follow this  

Footrest Bracket Bolt

Does anyone know off hand the thread pitch of the bolt that holds the foot rest bracket to the frame and size meaning if its a M10 size bolt?

Edited by Dogtooth

For what year, make, and model motorcycle?

For what year, make, and model motorcycle?
It's not a motorcycle, it's his golf cart :thumbsup::ride: :ride: . . . :banana::D :D

It is number 19 on this:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=sport#/Yamaha/WR250R_(DEEP_PURPLISH_BLUE_SOLID_E)_-_WR25RXL_-_2008/FRAME/WR25RXL_(2008_MOTORCYCLE)/FRAME_(WR25RXL_-_2008)

This makes the assumption it is indeed a WR250R, and NOT a golf cart. Yamaha tends to use only one of the two pitches for each diameter. If I had to guess which, fine or coarse threads, I'd go with fine. I could have this backwards. The part number tells me it is a 10mm bolt, 33 (most likely 30mm) long. I would be VERY sure to get the 12.8 or whatever the grade is, not the lower number grade. Having the pegs break off after a landing could have dire consequences to the family jewels. But not usually on a golf cart, everyone knows they don't jump well, so expects injury. I realize this is a sort of non-answer, but I have non-info to go with.

If you're on the road, and not near the bike, buy one of each thread and you'll probably be OK. I think you'll be forced to buy a socket head (allen head) as there is limited room for a wrench.

If this were mine, I would buy the factory part. PN 90149-10033-00 In fact, I would buy 4, then I'd have spares; they don't spoil, easily fit in toolbox, and are handy to have around. It fits, and is of the correct grade. If they fall out, glue them in with red loctite. They won't fall out then.

For a wr250r/x, I'm using the brackets/bolt assembly for another motorcycle which has a broken peg mount and need to know what size threaded bung to order. I plan on welding it through the frame and making it a replaceable item.

Ahhh......I'm pretty sure it is the fine thread. What the exact pitch that is I can't say. Probably 10mm-1. the coarse is 10mm-1.5, I think. Sorry, that's all I have.

I'm saying this as we use a lot of metric hardware in my job, and all the 10mm bolts are coarse thread, but won't fit any Yamahas.

I'm hoping its a 10x1.25, or i would have to fab one up to what ever pitch is going to be, which is not what i want to do since the premade bungs and tapped straight on a lathe.

Thanks for the reply