Sign in to follow this  

Front end bouncing through braking bumps...

03 yz250 2t with Smart Performance del taco system. So my bike is def. better than it was before the revalve, but I'm still having trouble with the forks. They still seem a bit harsh and when going into braking bumps the bike just seems to bounce back and forth and not absorb the bumps. I really noticed it yesterday when I rode my buddy's stock 05 yz250f and it just floated right through the same sections with ease. roots and stuff on the trails are the same way. I've adjusted compression and rebound and it doesn't seem to help. Would adding fluid help with this? I'm currently running 120mm.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but when I turn my clickers in they get really hard to turn near the all in position....almost to hard to turn them all the way in...just doesn't seem right. I'm starting to think that the only solution is to buy an newer bike.

advice?

buy a set of 06-07 yz forks and bolt them up , that's what I would do

If you still have the original 46mm forks on the bike, yeah, even with the full SMART treatment, they're a handicap. Even the '04 fork or a set from a late WR would be an improvement.

But, have you done any work with the shock? If the back end is too busy, it can affect the front.

When I left the track Saturday, I believe I was at these settings (or pretty close to it):

fork

------------

comp: 18

reb: 16

shock

---------------

ls comp: 15

hs comp: 1 1/2

rebound: 14

Those are pretty close. I went in on the clickers and then back out so that's about what I remember.

grayracer, shock is revalved too. I think it is fine though, seems like the fork that is the problem.

When I left the track Saturday, I believe I was at these settings (or pretty close to it):

fork

------------

comp: 18

reb: 16

shock

---------------

ls comp: 15

hs comp: 1 1/2

rebound: 14

Those are pretty close. I went in on the clickers and then back out so that's about what I remember.

grayracer, shock is revalved too. I think it is fine though, seems like the fork that is the problem.

Can you post or send me your setup? Is this for moto or woods setup?

You said tracks then you mention rocks and roots. :ride:

You seem soft for track/moto. Do you live near Chester, SC. TNT. Lets meet up sometime and do some testing. Its good and rough. :thumbsup:

Shoot me a pm if you want to do that.

James

Yep, I'm in Lexington but I get up to TNT about once a month or so. The bike is setup 50/50 track/woods. I normally ride a little of both when I go. I'll post the build sheet later when I can scan it.

I'll shoot you a PM about meeting up. That would be great. Thanks!

Yep, I'm in Lexington but I get up to TNT about once a month or so. The bike is setup 50/50 track/woods. I normally ride a little of both when I go. I'll post the build sheet later when I can scan it.

I'll shoot you a PM about meeting up. That would be great. Thanks!

Super, I want to see whats going on. We should start with the basics and go from there. Sag settings, clicker adjustment and such. We will start with moto and then move to the trails. :thumbsup:

Actually, just send it to my email at southeastsuspension@yahoo.com I can dump the data into our testing sheet, then you'll have a copy and I can file one away.

jw