Looking at a used bike oil filter

Would you think it was weird, if the person coming to look at you bike that you were selling asked to pull the oil filter to check it?

There has 20 views and nobody can give me an opinion? Cmon guys help me out.

No its not weird. If i plan on buying a bike i ask to look at filter first. lets me know how well its maintained and any possible problems.

I rode it around, then I asked to see it. He didn't care, he was cool about it. He is the mechanic for Bill Ballance and Tyler Kiser on their quads, and we were at their shop, it took him like 2 seconds to pull it out. I looked at it, and didn't see anything major, at least no copper shavings. I could tell by looking at the bike that he had taken good care of. I am picking it up on Tuesday. Im pretty stoked about it. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy a 4T, to look at the oil filter. If they act funny about it, then walk away. The oil filter can tell you if the motor is in bad shape.

Thanks

I rode it around, then I asked to see it. He didn't care, he was cool about it. He is the mechanic for Bill Ballance and Tyler Kiser on their quads, and we were at their shop, it took him like 2 seconds to pull it out. I looked at it, and didn't see anything major, at least no copper shavings. I could tell by looking at the bike that he had taken good care of. I am picking it up on Tuesday. Im pretty stoked about it. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy a 4T, to look at the oil filter. If they act funny about it, then walk away. The oil filter can tell you if the motor is in bad shape.

Thanks

excellent approach. I bring a long plastic eye dropper (actually it is called a pipette for those who work in a laboratory). After I ride the bike, I ask them if I can use it to look at a few drops of the oil. I take a squirt, rub it between my fingers and on a paper towel. Feel for copper shavings, see if any shine in the sunlight. Also, like you said - you can tell a lot from the owner's reaction.

I first ride the bike, then remove the air filter to not only see what condition it is in but also to check the intake tract for dirt or dust. Then remove the oil filter to look at, then rub some oil between my fingers, smell it, I have a very strong rare earth magnet that is small enough to get inside the oil filter cavity. There is always a little bit of oil left in there to check for metal bits. Then check the wheels for a wobble and see if they will free wheel. Look over the bike for missing bolts or for bolts that look like they have been removed, if its an engine bolt, I want to know why. I even have a stethoscope I place on the sides of the engine to listen for a funky sound. Hey if they want to sell me the bike, they will let me look it over.