CA DMV Renewal Changes

California

Just a BIG FYI!

Yesterday, I noticed the wifes car reg expires at the end of this month and I started wondering were the renewal notice was...a quick google search reveiled the following:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/newsrel/newsrel11/julyrenewals.htm

Here is the only thread I could find on the subject:

http://forums.macresource.com/read.php?1,1172007,1172008

Looks like CA wants to generate more rev via late fees :ride:

Hopes this helps you guys prep you monthly budgets for expenses like these! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info as I have two vehicles with July registrations and was beginning to wonder what was going on.

"•A $12 increase in the registration fee (from $34 to $46)."

I didn't hear about this when the state budget was being discussed!!

Ride on

Brewster

yeah, cut one fee and raise another to offset it, i didnt hear this part on the news any where either, got us again, thx dems

yeah, cut one fee and raise another to offset it, i didnt hear this part on the news any where either, got us again, thx dems

The funny part is, those that voted these thieves into office are more likely to be the ones that don't pay attention to little things like this. All those looking for a handout aren't likely to figure out they need to pay for the privilege to drive on our over crowded roads because of them:lol::thumbsup:

we just got my wife's DMV registration renewal in the mail yesterday (9th) and it's due the 16th.

Yeah, I got my renewal and had this month to pay it plus a smog check. I`m on a tight budget and this kicked me in the a--.

I just got my 250 DS registration, was due on the 10th today. I paid it on line on the 5th, so F them, I win. I do them all on line so it is instant pay and registration.

Oh, almost forgot to add. I have an 06 525 that I had as a NON OP and they never sent me anything for 4 years. Well I went in to re-register this last week and they said I owed 788.00 in back registration......really? I have an appointment Monday with a supervisor and a copy of their lack of sending anything to me about registration......lucky for me the gal there made me a copy...... She said they should have sent something after the first year, THANK YOU Sally for your help. CA DMV you can suck my :thumbsup:

Did not receive notice for both of my cars.

Luckly I went online and renewed.

Basterds

how do you renew online without a the renewal id # that is on your renewal form that they are sending late now?

how do you renew online without a the renewal id # that is on your renewal form that they are sending late now?

Its no longer needed...just the license plate number and the last 5 of the vin. :thumbsup:

just did my wife's and you are right. reg came with this info---

no more 60 day advance notification

pay fees within 30-days of the due date to avoid penalties

after the 30-day grace period, penalties will be due.

leo's will not cite vehicles until the 1st day of the 2nd month after reg expires.

example--reg due 7-1 (july) would not be subject to citation until 9-1 (sept)

new legislation as of 5-4-2011

There will be a grace period of 30 days from the due date. There is supposed to be another piece of paper with that info in the envelope, most are failing to read it.

On another note, anyone notice how the Toll on bridges has gone up almost 100%?

2 bucks per axle to now 3.50 per. Total BS!!! I was sooo pissed. Supposedly started July 1. I didn't hear shit on the news or any of the many websites I read daily. I had my bike and trailer $10.50 !!!

what i posted is what is on the insert that comes with the renewal. going to get worse before it gets better!

On another note, anyone notice how the Toll on bridges has gone up almost 100%?

2 bucks per axle to now 3.50 per. Total BS!!! I was sooo pissed. Supposedly started July 1. I didn't hear shit on the news or any of the many websites I read daily. I had my bike and trailer $10.50 !!!

Depending on what part of the Bay area I have to go to, I find it's cheaper in the long run to pay for the extra fuel (and pollute more) and go around the bridges with the semi than pay the toll.

Depending on what part of the Bay area I have to go to, I find it's cheaper in the long run to pay for the extra fuel (and pollute more) and go around the bridges with the semi than pay the toll.

Ya know CH that was the first thing that came to mind... how far would it take me to drive around it all. Sigh... I think more than I'd save

My plated XR600 was due on 7/12 and I as of Saturday 7/9, I still had not rec'd renewal. Tried to pay online....no go. I Finally received my renewal notice on 7/11!!! 1 (one) day before due. Inside the envelope the DMV explains there is a 30 day grace period, and late fees wont be charged (before the 30 day grace period) BTW, My XR is up to $88.00 PLUS I have it dual reg'd (green sticker, another 52.00), plus I had 3 other bikes to pay ther 52.00 for green stickers. Its getting nucking futs!

Its no longer needed...just the license plate number and the last 5 of the vin. :smirk:

....I tried that. The website kept telling me my plate # didnt exist. :p

My plated XR600 was due on 7/12 and I as of Saturday 7/9, I still had not rec'd renewal. Tried to pay online....no go. I Finally received my renewal notice on 7/11!!! 1 (one) day before due. Inside the envelope the DMV explains there is a 30 day grace period, and late fees wont be charged (before the 30 day grace period) BTW, My XR is up to $88.00 PLUS I have it dual reg'd (green sticker, another 52.00), plus I had 3 other bikes to pay ther 52.00 for green stickers. Its getting nucking futs!

Holy crap, I don't pay that much for registration on a one-ton dually that's plated for 15k lbs here! :smirk: