Need help with flashers and horn

bought my 2002 ktm 400 exc without flashers and horn.

it has a CEV multi switch for flashers, horn and lights.

i bouht the original "euro" wires and hooked up a 1-100W LED relay.

the rear flashers draw 1,4 Watts, the front ones only have 3 LED's each (expect they draw less than 1W).

pulled the indicator light from the wire as well.

my problem is that when i select flasher right, it works great.

when i select flasher left, all 4 flashers flash, the right ones not as much as the left ones.

the horn doesn't work. connect the horn to the ye-s and ye-r wires.

the battery is not fully charged, actually it only has enough juice to turn the starter a couple of times.

i know the flashers draw power from the battery, but will low current have all 4 flashing at once? do i need 4 flashers of same W?

the horn draws 1 amp, but am i wrong if i think it will try to hunk even with 0.5 amp?

frustrating, hope you can help.

nobody?

The repeater lamp is possibly causing the 4 to flash at once. Try removing the bulb.

Hirn works by grounding the red wire, red/yellow is +12v from the battery. Try grounding the red at the actual horn.

tried removing the indicator bulb, with the bulb in the whole thing just blinks :-( will try the horn, my main suspect that would be the switch :-(

tried removing the indicator bulb, with the bulb in the whole thing just blinks :-( will try the horn, my main suspect that would be the switch :-(

Not sure about your specific model, but on my 09 EXC when I changed to LED turn signals I had to buy a different flasher to make them work. Bought it from SICASS. I don't think they have enough draw to make the regular flasher work. Even with the new flasher, if I unplug my front flashers, the back just flash at the same time like emergency flashers. Might be part of the problem.

thats that i call i flasher relay. i have changed it to a LED 1-100W relay, so it should work.

but you are right, a normal relay wont work like intended with a set of LED indicators.

just saw that the blinker on the right side was constantly on even when the switch is off. defect CEV switch? or something else?

whats your guess?

Constantly on - you have the polarity reversed at the relay. Swap wires, just fixed mine up with one of these and LED flashers:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FLFS-1-PIN.html

$9.00 US + shipping SuperBrighLEDs.com ftw!

And yes you must remove the turn signal indicator bulb on 08+ models or all 4 flash. My suspicion is that when you had only 2 on one side and 4 on the other side is a faulty connection. Remove that bulb - swap poles on your relay and wiggle/check the side opposite where 2 only flash.

Good luck!