bike idling high after warmed up

2nd owners of a pretty clean 2004 CRF150F bought last year for my 15 yr old son. Runs pretty good but little problem with idling high after it gets warmed up.

Noticed this the one time I rode it so dont know how long its been going on.

I changed the spark plug, air filter and checked valve gaps(are within specs).

Also, I should mention that when first starting the bike after being cold overnight it, I have to adjust the choke lever in order for it to run until it gets warmed up. then can take choke completely off.

Does this sound like I should adjust the idle screw when its warmed up or will it require cleaning the carburetor (I do run it with stabil in the gas).

I had the same issue with mine, before i rejetted it, once you rejet the pilot jet to a bigger size, it will start much easier, most of the times with no choke needed at all, and then you can adjust the idle screw, and you will be set.

They come very lean from the factory, so its a good thing to put in bigger jets, will run better too.

but if you do that, youll need to remove the air box snorkel piece on top, and the exhaust baffle, will be a bit louder, but run great.

The almight crf lol.. I dont know man these things are fun as hell... But what are you looking to get once you sell?

The bike was sold today and Im not looking to get a used 250f. sadly it has to be a dealer since I would have to finance it