97 rm250 steering stem torque spec

I believe my Clymer manual has a misprint in regards to the torque spec for the steering stem spanner nut. It has the initial torque spec of 33ft/lb to seat the bearings, which seems normal. Then it states to loosen and re-tighten the nut to 33ft/lbs again. I don't believe that's right as the most I've ever seen on any bike I've serviced is 8ft/lbs for final torque.

Anyone know if this is correct or have a more accurate number?

I believe my Clymer manual has a misprint in regards to the torque spec for the steering stem spanner nut. It has the initial torque spec of 33ft/lb to seat the bearings, which seems normal. Then it states to loosen and re-tighten the nut to 33ft/lbs again. I don't believe that's right as the most I've ever seen on any bike I've serviced is 8ft/lbs for final torque.

Anyone know if this is correct or have a more accurate number?

Don't worry about any torque specs,,You are dealing with simple timken bearings.... just tighten then up to seat them into the races,,then,,while the bike is on the stand feel the resistance while turning the handlebars with one hand,,and set it to where there is a little drag in the steering action.... don't make something so simple into something complicated.......good luck........Dr.D..