Sign in to follow this  

EBC front pads.

I now have a second set that don't fit correctly on the front. I had to take a grinder to them so they wouldn't bind on the pin. Anybody else ever have this issue?

I installed EBC sintered metal pads on the front a little while ago and had no problems.

Usually I don't either. One thing I've noticed is the KTM pads have oblong retaining pin holes where the EBCs don't. The ones that are too tight on my 07 525 are OK on the 04 400 even though it's the same part number for both.

Kind of weird.

I just talked to a friend of mine who also had the same problem on a 07 525, I have the 06 525, I dont think the year would be relavant or would it????

I have a set of EBC front pads in the garage, might throw them on tomorrow because the stock ones are getting worn. The rear EBC pads fit great though.

My rears also went on well, Id like to find out why two 07 525s were having problems, is it a caliper problem or is it a pad problem, Ud_Luz is in Kansas and my friend is in Ontario, when I go riding with friend with 07 next time, we are going to have a good look and see whats up.

My rears also went on well, Id like to find out why two 07 525s were having problems, is it a caliper problem or is it a pad problem, Ud_Luz is in Kansas and my friend is in Ontario, when I go riding with friend with 07 next time, we are going to have a good look and see whats up.

The part numbers for the calipers are the same. I played around with this a bit yesterday and no question, the pads are tight on the 07.