IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

o-ring under the spark plug hole gasket - cannot make it fit!

I've had the valve cover off and on my 2008 KX 450F about 27 times now and cannot get that stupid o-ring to fit (the one with the "G" by it in the exploded view)!!! I bought a new spark plug hole gasket and o-ring, but every time I torque down the valve cover some of that o-ring plops into the spark plug hole. I finally pulled the o-ring out and just torqued it down with the spark plug hole gasket. It still leaks a tiny bit of oil I think, but at least it's not squirting out the spark plug drain hole onto the headpipe. This thing is driving me nuts!!!! How do you get the o-ring to fit under the spark plug hole gasket? Unfortunately I didn't have the advantage of pulling it apart the first time (the incompetent dealer did it). I'm hoping I'm missing something here and trying to put the o-ring in a place it's not supposed to be. HELP!!!

top-end.JPG

Looking at that makes me believe,and if i remember right, the o ring (G) goes between the head and cam cap, the spark plug gaskit goes between cam cap and the valve cover

Hope this helps

Ernie

Looking at that makes me believe,and if i remember right, the o ring (G) goes between the head and cam cap, the spark plug gaskit goes between cam cap and the valve cover

Hope this helps

Ernie

That's totally it!!!! I didn't even think about that when I was putting it together. It makes perfect sense!

THANK YOU!!!!