CRF 450 Clutch adjustment has run out

I have a 2003 CRf 450r and my clutch adjustment is all used up at the lever and the inline cable adjuster, I installed a new honda clutch kit with fiber and steel plates along with a new cable which made no difference.. Does anyone know if this problem is due to a worn clutch hub and or pressure plate.. If so, is there a way to measure the thickness of these parts? I have tried to find specs on wear of these parts online with no luck, I am waiting for a shop manual but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem?? I do not have any clutch slipping but just have ran out of adjustment..

Edited by Aaron450

The cable is probably toast.

The cable is probably toast.

Sorry i fergot to mention i put on a new cable too....

Did you put the thrust bearing and washer on the wrong side of the clutch lifter?

I have a shop manual and I dont see anything about the thickness of the hubs. If they are worn there should be noticeable groves. Goodluck!

if you put a new cable on, adjusted the inline adjuster, and the perch adjuster.. your clutch cable perch on the CASE is possibly bent inward, bend it out, away from the case..

Edited by MELK-MAN

The thrust bearing and washer is in the correct spot, and the clutch cable perch is not bent, the hub and pressure plate look good, and I checked the pushrod to be sure that wasnt bent... Im really stumped on this one, thanks for all the suggestions, maybe i'll just have to take it to the dealer and have them look at it, would much rather figure it out myself but sometimes ya just gotta have someone else look at it.. Luckily for now its working fine so i can still ride but sooner or later im gonna have to figure it out.

I have the exact same issue did you find a solution??

I have the exact same issue did you find a solution??

did you soak your fibers in oil prior to instillation?

I've not replaced any of the actual clutch, just the cable had no play on it any more, so I got a new cable... Exactly the same! I've checked all the clutch both sets of plates are fine and within service limits etc!! It's as if the cable isn't long enough

I've not replaced any of the actual clutch, just the cable had no play on it any more, so I got a new cable... Exactly the same! I've checked all the clutch both sets of plates are fine and within service limits etc!! It's as if the cable isn't long enough

Pull the clutch cover. Pull the pressure plate and then pull out the lifter rod. Then go around to the other side of the bike and remove the retainer clip that holds the clutch cable arm into the cases and pull that out. Im betting that milled off edge is worn. Worn enough to allow the arm to rotate enough to used up all your slack. Or the bracket is bent, or both