Anyone up @ Mammoth mid-August? (+ mini RR)

California

I may be up there and looking for someone to ride with. Not sure if any riding buddies are showing up yet. My wife will only want to ride a day or maybe two max. I'm out of shape this summer, but I DO know the area pretty well. :thumbsup:

Let me know if anyone is up around that time. DS preferred for some of the routes I'd like to take. My plans are not solid yet.,.....

bp

Edited by Bill_P
add pics
I may be up there and looking for someone to ride with. Not sure if any riding buddies are showing up yet. My wife will only want to ride a day or maybe two max. I'm out of shape this summer, but I DO know the area pretty well. :ride:

Let me know if anyone is up around that time. DS preferred for some of the routes I'd like to take. My plans are not solid yet.,.....

bp

Damn, gonna be up there the week after Labor Day and just getting the DS back on the road, would have loved to tag along with someone that knows the area.:thumbsup:

Too bad Silentshok, but you never know...... My schedule is whacky and I may end up there later. Of course, if I go later, my wife will be back to work and it would be a guys trip. :thumbsup: Wooohooo! LOL

Here's a few places that we USED to ride up there.....:ride: Some are on the maps and some are not that easy to find. Took years of riding up there every summer......Of course, now we all live in Kalifornistan, and we're meticulously obeying the rules.

The big ktoom is on rails in that Eastern Sierra pumice...

M20LTLayingitDown.jpg

What happens when you're not paying attention. Glass Mtns. opposite MLakes. Pretty interesting story this one.....

M24KLXJousting1.jpg

Glass Mtns towards NV.

M26BehindGlassMountains1.jpg

Up at Mono Lake. Mono lake and back is about a hundred mile ride from downtown Mammoth.

MonoLakeLoop-TufaKLX2.jpg

Glass Mtns towards Crowley.

M29GlassMountain2Track.jpg

Deep in the woods.....

051BPThruTheTrees1.jpg

LT bores easily. heh heh

M38LTClimbingTree2.jpg

Love this trail.... (we call it Magic Mushroom...)

048TightPummiceST-1.jpg

LTK is looking whipped.... heh heh

055LTHeadingDownhill1.jpg

Sitting outside the jail in Bodie. Ironically, thanks to my loving wife's suggestion, we were busted coming into Bodie. heh heh

Bodie-BLOutsideSaloon.jpg

Wifey enjoying a typical Nor Cal "Fix-R-Upper".... heh

Bodie-SharonsHideoutShack1.jpg

Up high. Small bores not happy. Glad to be on a 450 this trip. Wish i had one now.... :-(

M40LTOverlookingMinarette.jpg

Towards Laurel Lakes...kinda lame ride, but cool vista's and beautiful scenery.....

106TheKLXCrew2.jpg

On the edge of the plateau overlooking crowley....

132LTCPOverlookingCL1.jpg

This is way freaking high up.....I think (maybe) higher than the Mtn.

M46MMSanJoaquinRidgeTr.jpg

SSS somewhere in the Eastern part of CA.....

M51LTonSSS1.jpg

More SSS somewhere in the Eastern part of CA.....

M53bponSSS1.jpg

And yet.....still more SSS ifn' ya know where to look.

M59LTOverlookingLM.jpg

So.....anybody going to be up in Mammoth mid-August?!?!?

bp

Let me know when you get your dates finalized....

I could stop on my way to Idaho, planning late August.

I wasn't impressed with Mammoth last year, but with a good trail guide.........

Let me know when you get your dates finalized....

I could stop on my way to Idaho, planning late August.

I wasn't impressed with Mammoth last year, but with a good trail guide.........

That would be fun BT!

Yeah, unless you "know" where to go, the area can be a bit underwhelming. I still don't know where all of it is. So, there's still an element of adventure and searching which I love. One local once told me there's a local guy who hang-glides up there and uses that to spot SSS, takes notes, and comes back and finds it on 2 wheels. :thumbsup: Some of this has been around since the 70's, and the fun stuff is pretty under cover.....

Will post as dates firm up.

bp

My wife's been wanting to ride Mammoth.....she has a friend from school who's family are supposed to be regulars but we have yet to connect. I've been around up there the tiny bit Dick Allen's Sierra Safari runs through it but the rest may be a little tight for my liking and I don't DS. I know others who went up there to ride and didn't have a great time because they too didn't know where to go. One of these days.....

I get newsletters from these guys: http://www.mammothmc.com/

We figured if we were ever really motivated to ride there I'd call and see if one of them could show us the ropes.

Well, here's your chance 1Hondalover, plenty of wide open up there. We just usually head for the stuff more off the beaten path, but it's all connected with wide open jeep/logging roads. :thumbsup::banana:

DS isn't NECESSARY, but I like to ride straight from the condo, to the trails, and then straight to the Jacuzzi. :ride: I've seen guys right into town for food/gas/whatever with no plates. But you know me, I always want to be on the legal side. :ride: And on the JuneMtn end, you can easily ride in to get gas/food/etc with no plate required.