Sign in to follow this  

720 big bore

Just bought a 2001 xr 650 l with a 720 bigBore kit and was wondering if any one else had one And could tell me more about it as this is my first bike.

Thanks any inFo will be Of help

Edited by Triggerdog
Missed a word

Will itbe as reliable , will iT over heat faster or any thing I should watch for? Is it a good option? That kind of sTuff . Thanks

I know nothing about the bike other than what The seller told me. But if you live close your welcome to take it for a rip! I've never rode a stock one so don't Know the power difference but I'm sure there is.

I know nothing about the bike other than what The seller told me. But if you live close your welcome to take it for a rip! I've never rode a stock one so don't Know the power difference but I'm sure there is.
where are you from man?

If you have the JE 106 mm slug in there it's only a 8.8.1 compression motor. Probably will run like a pig, you need at least 9.5.1 to take advantage of the big plunger.......

Edited by pwrpapa

It's that big and only produces 8.8:1? Is it dished at all, or does it just sit below deck?

It's that big and only produces 8.8:1? Is it dished at all, or does it just sit below deck?

The piston sits below deck the same as the stock oem one, and to boot it has four valve pockets and comes with a cooper .042 head gasket.

so it's around 8.7.1 to 8.8.1 compression. total deck height is .152 and 60 to 62 cc's of combustion area.

The funny thing is that JE advertise it to be a 10.5.1 piston how they came up with that I have no idea.

Pop's

It must sit even lower than their stock bore "10.5:1" piston because even that has a full point more static ratio. Weird.