Sign in to follow this  

t fitting replacement

I have bought an 08, and it still has the plastic T fitting on it. What is recommended as a replacement now? I know a while back I bought one from azrob. Is there anything better, or that is recommended now?

Thanks

I'm not sure about better but I replaced mine with one from ZipTy racing. I haven't had any issues since replacing it. I always keep an eye on my radiator fluid as well.

I replaced the fitting on my 06 with a copper "T". 3/4 on one end and 1/2 on the other and the side. Solder a short piece of 1/2 pipe into both 1/2 fittings. Fits on hoses, costs very little, and no leaks so far from running in my yard.

Or take the alloy part of a KX450.

I reead about this before i bought my 2011, i havent replaced it yet with 35 hrs and have had no dramas on it, and i have 2bar rad cap too and no dramas, so its not eccential

Yup, better safe than sorry. The ZipTy aluminum T-fitting isn't expensive, fits great, is easy to install and it will never melt.

What else is there to know?

Any rad cap that has a higher opening pressure than the standard will be better, the standard cap can easily spit out coolant after idling the bike on the start gates for a minute or two, i replaced mine with a CV4 30PSI cap and have never needed to top up the coolant more than a few millimeters from the top !

Good $25 well spent