will 91-01 cr500 silencer work on 90 cr 250?

hey guys i was wondering if a 91-01 cr 500 silencer would fit a 1990 cr 250. the reason i ask is becuase i picked up a 1990 cr 250 im restoring it and i planned on makin it a peak replica but im instead gonna retro fit it and make a halfway decent woods bike. got a 2000 cr500 tank and shrouds for free now i wana try and see if i can use a cr500 powercore 2. now ive used a 500 head pipe and a 250 silencer on another bike so i think this will work. thanks in advance guys i couldnt find a thread on this

you could probably make it work with a little african american engineering but its not the right one

i would suggest selling the cr 500 one and using the money to get the right one

R U kidding? even if you can get it to fit putting 500 exhaust parts on a 250 will make it run like a turd

i was thinking about the powercore 2 one not too restricting i cant see it being much different than a 250 one, the subframe is identical to the cr500 of the 91-01 model span

R U kidding? even if you can get it to fit putting 500 exhaust parts on a 250 will make it run like a turd

I think the silencer would work, but lose power but possibly be quieter? The 500 expansion chamber will NOT work properly, heck, you could make it run with no pipe; but would you want to? IMHO The matching subframes is more for ease of assembly/manufacture of chassis parts than motor parts interchangeability. Let us know how it works..

the 500 silencer inlet is too big in diameter.

what if i use the guts of the 250 one and use the cannister of the 500 im not real concerned with this mod right now its just an option im just not a fan of the fmf powercore origional